Welcome to the Community!

Digital Paper

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 1 of 6 (2,051 Views)

extreme battery drain on DPT-RP1 in sleep mode

I'm using my new DPT-RP1 and have a problem with extreme battery drain in sleep mode. It only lasts for 2 days then it is empty.

Other users do not have this problem? Is this a software problem? I reseted the device already without any change. I like the device but this is useless. Is there any chance to replace the device or some that may help with this problem?

Highlighted
Message 2 of 6 (1,828 Views)

Re: extreme battery drain on DPT-RP1 in sleep mode

Hi, Digiflash

Thank you for visiting Sony Community! 

We recommend turning the power completely off when not in use. For further assistance, we kindly recommend visiting our Sony Global Website for information on contacting the Sony Support Center in your region at http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/Support/.

Regards,

Vincent 

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Apprentice
Message 3 of 6 (1,488 Views)

Hi @digiflash,

Let me try to be more helpful, and before that, let me point to the now-helpful DPT supprot team:

Call: Phone: 1-239-245-6320
Time: Monday - Friday: 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM ET

Here goes my answer to your concern:

My guess is that you should have turned on a lot of options for wireless syncronizing:

1. Wireless connection: if you want to save battery, try to turn off the option: "Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep" (in Wi-Fi Settings)

2. Bluetooth connection: if you want to save battery, try to turn off the option: "Keep Bluetooth Connection on During Sleep" (in Bluetooth Settings);

And, here goes something personl: I wonder how helpful the DPT device could be if you completely power it off everytime after usage. And, I don't, personally, like the tone in the first reply: no real problem is solved, and the customer/user is asked to do something other than their *normal usage*. This is simply bad.

All the best,

-Linfeng

Enthusiast
Message 4 of 6 (1,381 Views)

I do not find that turning the DPT off between use is a reasonable answer.  There is a problem, here.  I have found that the power drain occures after enabling the Bluetooth or WiFi.  If I do not enable these radios, the battery lasts a long time.  As soon as they are enbabled and connected to DPA, the battery drains after a few hours.

Apprentice
Message 5 of 6 (1,360 Views)

@yasbean:

On my side, I can leave the device unattended for a day or two, while enabling the WiFi + Bluetooth connection *during sleep mode*. Maybe you have a hardware problem?

Also, it is unclear when both wireless channels are available, which one shall take precedence. [Hope someone from the *Team* could please pop up and explain.]
Enthusiast
Message 6 of 6 (1,347 Views)

A day or two still is not satisfactory.  I can leave my iPad for a week with wifi and Bluetooth on and it will use hardly any power.  No, i am fairly sure it is a software problem.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook