Welcome to the Community!

F5 & F55

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Expert
Message 21 of 26 (2,034 Views)

Re: AXS-R7 recorder full details

And I was quoted $178 for that adapter...which is kind of a bummer considering that it was included with the previous generation of A-series media.  I didn't buy it upfront, 'cause I wasn't sure if it would continue to be included with the new cards, but ours arrived last week and there doesn't appear to be one.

Expert
Message 22 of 26 (2,029 Views)

Hi, Eliner33,

It appears one free adaptor is provided, at least according to the info about the new cards, here.

http://pro.sony.com/bbsc/ssr/cat-srmemory/cat-memory/product-AXSA1TS48/

Note the section in the Features that begin with "Works with...."

But, it is not clear how you obtain "the one" free adaptor.  It may mean that it comes with the AXS-CR1 reader, and probably with the AXS-R5, on a new purchase.  Yet, how are existing owners to receive theirs? Those who purchased the older second generations cards would have received the adaptors with their cards.  But what about those who only bought the original AXS cards, and an AXS-CR1?  Does it come with the AXS-R7, maybe?

Or maybe, you just have to contact Sony, provide the serial number for your AXS-CR1 and they'll send you the free one.

Best regards,
Will

Expert
Message 23 of 26 (2,025 Views)

>>But what about those who only bought the original AXS cards, and an AXS-CR1?

Yep, that's the boat we're in. No adapter as we never needed it. If you search for the last generation of A-series media you'll find that the adapter was included when purchasing the first gen slim cards (and never with the CR-1 as far as I know).

>>Or maybe, you just have to contact Sony, provide the serial number for your AXS-CR1 and they'll send you the free one.

Good idea, but I'm kind of doubtful that's the case...would love to know before purchasing an adapter that isn't even advertised as a standalone piece of kit.

Eric
Expert
Message 24 of 26 (2,022 Views)

Hi, Eric,

Call Sony POSC.  They have access to all parts, period, advertised or otherwise.

And, it's probably through them that the shipment of the free adaptor for existing owners is arranged.

Best regards,
Will

Expert
Message 25 of 26 (2,018 Views)

We'll give it a shot. Thanks, Will.
Highlighted
Expert
Message 26 of 26 (1,621 Views)

[ Edited ]

PeterC wrote:

Cees,

Still under investigation which is why I haven't reported back about it

Regards

Peter

Hi Peter,

Can you pelase report back now. Suppose investigation must have been completed long since.

Regarding the cache record in higher frame rates.

Cees van Kempen
www.iwp-wildlife.com

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook