Skip to the end of navigation

Welcome to the Community!

F5 & F55

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Expert
Message 21 of 45 (4,114 Views)

Re: *** FAQ *** CBKZ-55FX F5 4K internal upgrade option and CBK-55PD encoder board

[ Edited ]

That's strange... on the one I'm looking at, it's a sixteen digit installation number and the the file name is made up from the same number, ie.: CBK-55FXINSTALLKEY_InstallationNumber  My serial number was already a 7 digit number starting in zero, so maybe that’s the difference?

Enthusiast
Message 22 of 45 (3,959 Views)

Re: *** FAQ *** CBKZ-55FX F5 4K internal upgrade option and CBK-55PD encoder board

Hi all,

So I bought the key from CVP and they have emailed me the PDF with license key and just a message to say use the Sony software to install. (No link, no name just "sony software") When I emailed back CVP broadcast services twice to ask what they mean and how to get the instructions for installation they have just not replied and taken my money in the meantime. Awful business from CVP and I'm left with a useless PDF.

Does anyone here know how I install and what the SOny site or software required for instructions is please?

Any help would be greaty appreciated.

Thanks guys...

Enthusiast
Message 23 of 45 (3,912 Views)

Access this website: 

www.sony.com/F54KLicense

Read the agreement and click AGREE at the bottom of the page.

Create an account by entering user ID, name/company, and email address.  That email will be where the license will be sent.  

They CLAIM that the password will be sent within 24-48 hours, but a lot of people (including me) are well past that time period and are still waiting.  Some people say that they re-register with a different email address and that works.  

After that comes, you go to https://www.ecspert.sony.biz/

Login with your ID and Password

Click "Install Key Request" on the left side of the page.

Select "CineAlta-Camcorder" from the category drop down menu and click "Search."

Click on the CBKZ-55FX model name at the bottom of the page to continue.

Input the PURCHASE KEY from page one of this document and the UNIQUE DEVICE ID which is shown on the Option tab of the SYSTEM menu of the PMW-F5, and then click "NEXT."  

Enter the device ID with the PMWF5- prefix followed by the number sequence.

Click NEXT.

Click OK then click "ISSUE INSTALL KEY/LICENSE FILE."

Then you will receive an email from Sony with the 4K Upgrade License Installation Key

Then you install it (yeah, all that and it's still not in the camera)

Save the file with the install key written acquired from teh eCSite to an SD card ad then use the menu to install.

You must have V5.0 or higher to install the upgrade.

Use an SDHC memory card Speed Class 4 to 10, non-UHS compatible, Capacity 2GB to 32GB or SD memory card file system FAT 16 Capacity up to 2GB.  

Use an SD card that is formatted using the format function of the F5

Save the acquired file (filename is "CBKZ-55FXINSTALLKEY_[issued number]," no extension) directly to the root directory of the SD card.

Insert the SD card in the F5. Select INSTALL OPTION in the OPTION of the SYSTEM MENU.

The message "INSTALL OPTION?" appears.

Select EXECUTE

The message "INSTALL OPTION EXECUTING" appears.  

When completing the installation, the message "INSTALL OPTION OK: TURN POWER OFF" appears.   TURN THE POWER SWITCH OF THE F5 OFF.

USE THE POWER SWITCH, do not remove battery or unplug DC power supply.

Restart the F5

Make sure that "4K/QFHD XAVC" in "OPTION" of the System menu is "a."

Good luck.

Enthusiast
Message 24 of 45 (3,886 Views)

Thank you so much mate, this is beyond helpful!

I hope that you get your 48hour email back soon....

Much appreciated

Nick

Expert
Message 25 of 45 (3,804 Views)

Thanks for that walk-through!

After waiting for 5 days I re-registered on the Sony eSite with a gmail address and the email came through in a bout an hour!

This is all very silly Sony.
Expert
Message 26 of 45 (3,730 Views)

Hi Ntree, just got my upgrade email from cvp and they had done all the tricky work for me. There should be another attachment on your license key email which is titled installation key but is not a pdf. This is the file you need to put on an sd card preformatted in camera. Drag that file onto the sd card then insert in camera, go to options menu

and select install and execute. restart camera, 4K licious! Hope this helps

Expert
Message 27 of 45 (3,660 Views)

I was a bit terrified of the process from people's horror stories, but I just installed mine and had the same easy process as dunney. They sent me through the install file and the how-to .pdf and all I did was put the install key on an SD card, pop it in the camera, and install it via the new 'Option' menu.

Super simple, and was up and running nice and quickly.

Enthusiast
Message 28 of 45 (3,455 Views)

CBKZ-55FX F5 4K internal upgrade option URL for software download not working?

I've just got my licence key from CVP a document, from Sony Japan. It says to download the software and gives a URL only thing is the URL doesn't work.

Am I missing somthing obvious? Any thoughts?

Enthusiast
Message 29 of 45 (3,450 Views)

Re: CBKZ-55FX F5 4K internal upgrade option URL for software download not working?

ianbts, I would definitely follow the fantastic instructions laid out above by bidzyak. He's very kindly included all of the URL info and installation details you'll need.

CVP never replied to any of my multiple complaints so give this method a go first (worked well for me) and if you are still having problems then call CVP and insist that they send you more than just a .PDF file,

Good luck!

Expert
Message 30 of 45 (3,431 Views)

Re: CBKZ-55FX F5 4K internal upgrade option URL for software download not working?

Weird, I just spoke to CVP the other day and they said they supply an SD card!

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook