Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

F5 & F55

PeterC
Accepted Solution

NEW Firmware AXS-R5 v1.20

[ Edited ]

All,

We have released new firmware for the AXS-R5 recorder. v1.20. This update fixes an issue where Life indication for some AXS memory cards was displayed incorrectly on the media status display. For details about the Life indication, refer to the operating instructions of the connected device. Recording reliability has also been improved.

HXR-IFR5 is the new interface unit for the NEX-FS700 camcorder allowing the 2K / 4K RAW signal from the FS700 to be recorded to the AXS-R5 RAW recorder. This firmware update for the AXS-R5 RAW recorder adds support for the HXR-IFR5 unit. Pictures of the interface unit connected to the AXS-R5 recorder are below.

You can download the firmware and release notes below

v1.14 firmware for the F5, and F55 can be downloaded from here:

http://community.sony.com/t5/F5-F55/NEW-Firmware-v1-14-for-F5-and-F55/td-p/137193

Regards

Peter

hxrifr5_front_130226_06.jpg

hxrifr5_3q_130226_05.jpg

Please use plain text.
Emerging Star
NigelAkam

Re: NEW Firmware AXS-R5 v1.20

Anyone having problems updating their R5 to V1.20  Followed all the procedures, including having to figure out a step, but will not update.  Been on the line with POSC support

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
RyanHollings

Nigel,

what I did, is format the AXSM in the camera, then put it into the drive, press the button on the bottom, and copy over the new firmware.

I believe if my memory serves me correct, the instructions state to format in the axsm drive and then copy over, but I did that the time before and it didn't work, and the above mentioned procedure worked for me.

Hope thats some sort of help,

Ryan

Please use plain text.
Emerging Star
NigelAkam

thanks Ryan.  I'll try that

Please use plain text.
Emerging Star
NigelAkam

That didn't work.  Another issue is the Utility.  When I installed it on my Macbook Pro, it "failed" to install.  But its there.  Sometimes it sees the AXSM reader in the Utility, other times I have to restart.  It will copy over the firmware, but will not update

Please use plain text.
Emerging Star
NigelAkam

[ Edited ]

Problem solved.  Power supply.  Its been noted in another thread.  I was using an Anton Bauer Titan charger/power supply, using V mount to Gold mount plate.  When I switched to my older (PCI power supply) using 4 pin xlr, updated with no problem

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
mwomack98

I also am having the same issue updating firmware on the R5.  I am using a Sony power supply as well.  The R5 updates with the blinking light once per second.  Plug it to the camera it comes on, lights up, then goes right back off.  Camera does not see the media.  Both Camera and R5 are updated just not communicating.   Any thoughts?

thanks

Marc

Please use plain text.
Emerging Star
NigelAkam

Have you made sure you changed your setting back to Cine EI mode in the camera. That's the only way the R5 will get power. Other that that, try calling POSC. That's Sony's pro support line. They are very helpful. 1 (800) 883-6817
Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
JamesEwen

I am also having a major problem updating the R5 but after reading this thread I am guessing this is due to a power issue from my mains unit. Have also tried on 190 batteries but with no success. I am also getting the same issues with the AXSM utility, the .bin file is not highlighted so cannot be copied over. It also crashes the finder window, all a bit frustrating. I will have to find myself a PC and try that.

Please use plain text.
Garage Band
congocam

Will this be like last firmware realease that was a pain to update, and then somebody suggest that the procedure will not work as well on mac as on pc?. I had many problems trying to update my R5 last time with mac, then i tried the pc procedure and it worked fine. Also always you have to use a power supply when doing firmware updates.

Please use plain text.