Welcome to the Community!

F5 & F55

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 71 of 80 (3,719 Views)

Re: NEW Version 8 firmware

Anybody in Sydney have a camera that falls into the serial number range of doom. Ie, don't upgrade it yourself.
If so what did you do? Take it directly to Sony or back to the seller?
Cheers
Heapie
Enthusiast
Message 72 of 80 (3,579 Views)

Go to Sony in Sydney. I had mine done there, it only took a day or so.

Enthusiast
Message 73 of 80 (3,568 Views)

Booked in for Monday morning! Thanks
Apprentice
Message 74 of 80 (3,325 Views)

I have an early SN F55, trying to figure out the procedure for v8.0 upgrade. Says to call Sony service, saw on this thread that Sony can send a SN specific firmware version. Is that correct? So no hardware upgrades needed?

Expert
Message 75 of 80 (3,297 Views)

That is correct. Not sure if hardware needs replacing, but it can't be done by the user. It's free in most places. Authorised repair centres can do it too.
Expert
Message 76 of 80 (3,290 Views)

There is no specific upgrade for each early S/N camera. I was sent an v.8 upgrade for my early F55 and as it stated 'to be used only on my camera' I took it to be specific.  Peter C from Sony said this was not the case and it was only because I had installed the prores board on the camera I could then do a user firmware update.

If you have an early S/N Camera and you do not have the prores board installed you must take it to a service centre.

www.nickgordonsmith.com
Expert
Message 77 of 80 (3,525 Views)

The perfect camera would have field replaceable parts or sub-systems that require nothing more than a coin to install. Optical area aside, in this day of high tech tech-i-ness where the camera op just like the film operator, could fix his gear because it was work gets done. I mean unless a camera suffered some sort of g shock incident where it needs a full test, cant we move towards the day of trusting, training, informing and enlightening of the owner/user so that they can make simple, due to design, board swaps? You want to talk insane, how about replacing the color wheel assembly of an old samsung display. You literally had to dismantle the entire tv. But it was do-able with a small set of tools, and lots of pictures of "BEFORE" you took it apart.

Sorry for the rant. It's out and I feel much better. Now open the pod bay door Hal.

Highlighted
Expert
Message 78 of 80 (3,189 Views)

My F55 was not on the exclusion list of U.S. serial numbers, but I had to upgrade twice, V6 then V8 since my firmware was still on V5. The upgrade process went smoothly.

I want to chime in with a big Thank You to all those responsible for bringing these continued updates to the members.

Best,

Tom Roper

Expert
Message 79 of 80 (1,990 Views)

Has anyone got a copy of PMW-F55_V800_8.00_20_2016-09-19_18-40-56_firmware.bin. they downloaded before it was taken offline?

My camera is one of the "safe" serial numbers and I'm trying to avoid having to take my camera to a service centre to do a simple firmware upgrade....... 

Anyone who would like to help me out please PM me or email directly bjs.camera@me.com

Thanks,

Brad.

Apprentice
Message 80 of 80 (1,950 Views)

Try this link to their serviceplus website;

https://www.servicesplus.sel.sony.com/SoftwareFreeDownload.aspx

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook