Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Expert
Message 31 of 82 (1,215 Views)

Re: NEW Version 8 firmware

[ Edited ]

Hi, Thaddeus,

Did you get your greyed-out Class480 options issue sorted?

If not, here are a few notes and suggestions.

First, from the Version 8.0 manual, the Class480 options are available on PMW-F5 with the CBKZ-55FX applied or PMWF55 only.

Did you do an All Reset after the upgrade?  As I have mentioned previously in other threads, I have found, with some upgrades, that it takes up to four or five All Resets to fully implement the firmware upgrade.

As well, your CBKZ-55FX option may need to be re-installed or re-initialized.

Just some ideas that may lead to a solution.

Best regards,
Will

PS, I was writing for Thaddeus while Nick was writing for Mark.

Apprentice
Message 32 of 82 (1,215 Views)

Agh, thank you!  I was thinking it needed the R5 or R7!  That's great!  

Apprentice
Message 33 of 82 (1,184 Views)

I just received my camera.  How can I confirm the 4K license is installed?

any help would b appreciated!

thanks,

Mark

Apprentice
Message 34 of 82 (1,178 Views)

One thing I just realized is that I only have an sxs-1 card in the camera so I am gusessing that the 4K option won't show.  So if there is a way to confirm the license without having the needed card?

thanks, Mark

Apprentice
Message 35 of 82 (1,165 Views)

Addition info which may help...

under System/Option it shows;  DNxHD/ProRes  and  4K/QFHD XAVC.  Then under Install Option it has "ID" and nothing else.

Message 36 of 82 (1,164 Views)

Nick,

You didnt get a special build of the firmware. You recieved the standard v8 firmware. Because you have the CBK 55PD option board installed you can proceed with the normal firmare update procedure. 

We didnt mention about this because many people do not know how to confirm if installed or not so best to handle and confirm directly

Regards

Peter

Expert
Message 37 of 82 (1,164 Views)

Hi, Mark,

Did you purchase the CBKZ-55FX option?

If, yes, you have to install it by putting it on an SD card and inserting that SD card into the SD slot under the SxS slots on the camera.

Then, go to the System menu and select the Option submenu.  The CBKZ-55FX option should show as one of the options available to install, except not with that name specifically.  Just select and execute the procedure.

I'm only guessing on these instructions.  I'm an F55 owner/operator. But, this is how I'd initialize the CBK-55PD option if it was installed on my unit.  It's shown as "DNxHD/ProRes" in the Option submenu.

Best regards,
Will

Apprentice
Message 38 of 82 (1,153 Views)

Thanks.m I bought my camera used and it's supposed to have the 4K upgrade already installed...just need to verify if that is correct.

Expert
Message 39 of 82 (1,150 Views)

Hi, Mark,

Yes, 4K/QFHD XAVC should be the option.  The ID would be the license key you received when you purchased the option.

Cheers,
Will

Expert
Message 40 of 82 (1,145 Views)

[ Edited ]

Yes, Mark,

You'll need to get that license key from the seller, or find it among the materials you received with the camera.

If that SxS-1 card you have has a label on it mentioning an option, the serial number or ID may be there.

Btw, I am using license key, serial number, and ID as interchangeable terms.  I could be wrong.

Best,
Will

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook