Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

F5 & F55

PeterC
Accepted Solution

NEW firmware update v1.2 Major release

[ Edited ]

All,

We are very pleased to announce v1.2 firmware for the F5, F55, and AXS-R5 recorder. This is a major update and includes powerful functionality not previously available. Major features are listed below.

It is very important you read the release notes, and follow the instructions carefully.

ALL RESET is required following the updates, and AXS-R5 recorder MUST also be updated to the latest version at the same time.

Do not operate the AXS-R5 with the v1.2 cameras unless it is updated to the latest version firmware.

For AXS-R5 recorder, you MUST update to v1.20 BEFORE you proceed with further updating. Latest firmware update for AXS-R5 recorder is v1.21

Please download the v1.20 firmware for the R5 recorder, install then proceed with the new firmware update.

http://community.sony.com/t5/F5-F55/NEW-Firmware-AXS-R5-v1-20/m-p/136743#M2971

Producname

Latesfirmware

Releasdate

PMW-F55 / F5

V1.20

Thiannouncement

AXS-R5

V1.21

This announcement

AXS-512S24 / AXS-R5 

V1.2

Jun5t2013

AXS UtilitSoftware

V1.1

Marc1st 2013

Major Features in this update:

• SR File format, 4:2:2 and RGB variants

• Camera ID + Reel # naming mode. SxS and RAW files

• USB Wirless LAN mode - Attaching the supplied USB wireless module, IFU-WLM3 to the camera. Smartphone, tablets connectivity via Wi Fi 

• x1.3 Anamorphic support - Display image without distortion in the VF, and output image without distortion "4K/2K to HD Conv" in the "Output Setting" of the Video Menu to "Anamo x1.3' or "Anamo x2"

• Various improvements and enhancements

UPDATE:

You MUST do ALL RESET following the firmware update, as noted above or you will get unpredictable behavior. You can save your menu settings first, then perform the reset.

Wi-Fi screen shots below, these pictures do not represent final GUI's

Picture8.jpg

Picture9.jpg

Picture1.png

Picture2.png

Picture3.png

Picture4.png

Picture5.png

Picture5.png

Picture7.png

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
MCaldwell

Re: NEW firmware update v1.2 Major release

Well that's my evening sorted! :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
alisterchapman

Lovely. More goodies to play with.

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
circfine

Great thanks to Sony team for their tremendous efforts for F55/F5 users. I will upgrade my F5 right now!!!

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
__Peter__

Thanks! Great!

Just to make sure I did get it right:

The R5 must have 1.20 (which most will already have in the meantime) and I then have to install 1.21 to the R5 BEFORE installing the 1.2 camera update. Right ?

Thanks!

__Peter__

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
starcentral

It's like Christmas all over again every couple months. 

Keep it coming.

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
__Peter__

Is there a app for smartphones and tablets ? I was looking in the manual and release notes but I cannot found a explanation how one gets this remote functions onto the phone or tablet.

Where can this information or app be found ?

Thanks!

__Peter__

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
alisterchapman

You log in to the camera using a normal web browser. 

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
Bill_Thomas

A heads up to all who do not own a Sony EVF and use a third party monitor. It seems Sony has defaulted SDI Sub to the ON position now after reset, good news. However I noticed HDMI out was set to OFF after reset, bad news if you only monitor via HDMI.

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
starcentral

Bill_Thomas wrote:

A heads up to all who do not own a Sony EVF and use a third party monitor. It seems Sony has defaulted SDI Sub to the ON position now after reset, good news. However I noticed HDMI out was set to OFF after reset, bad news if you only monitor via HDMI.

Bill, I don't have my F55 in front of me right now but does HDMI actually output anything when camera in base frequency of 24p? This was an issue on previous firmware versions.. same thing with the "analog test out" - it also did not work when camera set to base frequency of 24p.

Please use plain text.