Language: English / Spanish

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

F5 & F55

Emerging Star
filippoguerra

RAW Grading

[ Edited ]

I'm getting mad figuring out a workflow for the F55.

I'm editing on PremierePro the original RAW files and now I would like to grade the timeline using the RAW.

Usually I send an XML to DaVinci Resolve Beta 10 beta 3, but color/exposure seems a bit off compared to the Sony RAW Viewer. I though that Adobe updated Premiere/Speedgrade with full Sony F55 RAW support but it doesn't seems to work. 

What program are you using to grade the original RAW files? 

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
starcentral

Re: RAW Grading

[ Edited ]

Regarding Davinci have you checked all your settings? Both under clip attributes as well as project preferences.

Dennis Hingsberg

Please use plain text.
Emerging Star
filippoguerra

Today I will recheck my settings, but the difference is minimal.

Besides, in RAW Viewer I often us the 709(800) or HG8009G40 tone curve, but I DaVinci I can only choose the standard 709 curve… Is there a set of LUT for DaVinci that replicate the curves in RAW Viewer?
Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
alisterchapman

You can download the 4 Sony LUT's from links on this forum and then install the Cube LUTS in Resolve.

Then in the project settings under the camera raw tab select decode as "project" and then choose S-Log2 for gamma and S-Gamut for colour space.

Now you can right click on a clip to apply the same LUT's as used by raw viewer. Just be aware that applying a LUT prior to your colour grade may restrict your grading range as you now reducing your image range to the range provided by the LUT, so any subsequent alterations are applied to the raw + LUT as opposed to directly to the raw.

Alister Chapman www.xdcam-user.com

Please use plain text.
Emerging Star
filippoguerra

Then I should but the LUT as a last grade right?

Does Rec709 or Rec709TypeA replicates the 709(800) from the RAW Viewer?
Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
alisterchapman

Perhaps. The Sony LUT's are designed as viewing LUT's with the exception of the Cine + 709 which is an output LUT.

I think you can select 709(800) instead of S-Log2 in the Resolve decode options if that's what you need.

Alister Chapman www.xdcam-user.com

Please use plain text.
Emerging Star
filippoguerra

I think that 709(800) isn't available on DaVinci… these are my Gamma option

Gamma 2.4
Gamma 2.6
Rec.709
SLog
SLog2
Linear