Welcome to the Community!

F5 & F55

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 6 (1,189 Views)

Sel/set button not working

Has anyone else had an issue with the sel/set dial on the FS5?  The dial works but the select does not.  You can push the dial in but it does not select the highlighted menu item.

I was going to send it in for warrenty but I was told it takes 4-6 weeks to repair... That's a problem for me.

Expert
Message 2 of 6 (1,096 Views)

Re: Sel/set button not working

I don't understand why it would take 4-6 weeks to replace the rotary encoder/switch. It should be a 30min job at most. I guess they may not have the part in stock.

Rookie
Message 3 of 6 (828 Views)

I had the same issue.  I found a solution, but it doesn't make sense to me.  

I could see that the "2" would go on and off on the manual volume adjustment display (shown above channel volume on bottom right of display).  When I switched channel 2 to "auto" instead of manual, the select button worked as normal.  

I have no idea what is going on here, but at least I can use my camera again!  If anyone can explain this, please do.

Rookie
Message 4 of 6 (540 Views)

exactly the same thing happened to my unit (in the middle of a shoot, of course) - select button not working suddenly even though scroll does.

and exactly the same thing fixed it - changing audio channel 2 from manual to auto.

this is obviously a fault in the design or manufacture.

anyway - thanks for posting the 'solution'. Now only the audio is faulty (for the time being)

Expert
Message 5 of 6 (502 Views)

Mine did same thing. I just use the selector switch on the handgrip. A buddy sent his FS5 in for the fix, took 6 weeks. Sony has a huge back up in service right now.....took almost 3 weeks to get my F5 back after having the firmware updated.

Highlighted
Expert
Message 6 of 6 (473 Views)

One of ours was doing the same thing.  Had to send it out with a rental client with the instruction to use the hand grip to select things.  Thankfully they are one of our best clients and were cool with it.  Now the camera is back and working fine, go figure.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook