Language: English / Spanish

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

F5 & F55

PeterC
Accepted Solution

Sony Vegas now with Native XAVC editing, SR Codec and more

All,

There is a lot of power in Sony Vegas, please take a look when you can and see below

Regards

Peter

VP12_F5F55_Sheet_1.jpg

VP12_F5F55_Sheet_2.jpg

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
ShawnKlein

Re: Sony Vegas now with Native XAVC editing, SR Codec and more

Hi Peter,

The XAVC editing in Vegas is great. Unfortunately it it doesn't let you render out to XAVC. unless I'm missing something. Is that coming by chance?

What would be the best(lossless) option available in the present build?  SR I assume?

Thanks so much,

Shawn

Please use plain text.
PeterC

Hi Shawn,

I cant speak about future plans, but if you need to export to a visually lossless codec, as opposed to uncompressed with significantly larger file sizes then yes the SR Codec is the way to go for sure

Regards

Peter

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
reubendp

does Vegas allow you to render to prores?
Reuben Steinberg
reubendp.com
@reubendp
Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
ShawnKlein

Unfortunately no. And I have two post houses running running FCP who can't take my XAVC files.

and I can't use resolve to do it because resolve won't run with AMD radeon GPU cards.

Been frustrating.

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
reubendp

Try Aiseesoft MXF Converter for Mac. I've used it on comps that can't use resolve. It's a simple MXF converter that can convert the xavc into proresHQ in batches. It's a pretty darn good as an alternative. It's only $30
Reuben Steinberg
reubendp.com
@reubendp
Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
ShawnKlein

Good to know thanks. I hadn't heard of them.  So it will convert XAVC 4K into prores 4K?

Looks like only the mac version does prores. I'm PC.  But a great option for my final cut houses when their resolve isn't available.

Shawn

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
reubendp

No, it scales to 1080p. But it's the only work around I've found. It doesn't support 4k
Reuben Steinberg
reubendp.com
@reubendp
Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
starcentral

[ Edited ]

ccatpix wrote:

Unfortunately no. And I have two post houses running running FCP who can't take my XAVC files.

and I can't use resolve to do it because resolve won't run with AMD radeon GPU cards.

Been frustrating.

Have you actually tried to run Resolve? I got it working on my mac book pro runnin radeon, I have to upgrade my osx to mountain lion however. BlackMagic support told me it would work when I called them.

Dennis Hingsberg

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
ShawnKlein

I loaded lite version and wouldn't open. had a window pop up saying I need cuda core gpu. I'm assuming resolve 9 would do the same. might be a Mac PC thing. I know there are probably some work arounds. Don't want to swap to a nvideo card right now.

Building new lap top soon for on set data wrangling . So will make sure it's set for Resolve.

Please use plain text.