Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 11 (5,823 Views)
Accepted Solution

RAW trim in rawexporter

Hi,

Is it possible to do a RAW trim in the rawexporter command line tool? I can't see it in the CLI documentation but it's there in the RAW Viewer GUI version so I'm really hoping it is available in the CLI too.

Anyone know?

Many thanks

Chris

Message 2 of 11 (5,803 Views)

Re: RAW trim in rawexporter

yes, you just have to specify the in/out point of the file to be exported

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 11 (5,800 Views)

Thanks for getting back to me -- what argument do you need to pass to the --video flag? in the help it gives the following options:

-V [ --video ] arg video format (DPX/EXR/SSTP_LITE/SSTP_SQ422/SSTP_SQ444/SSTP_HQ/PRORES_PROXY/PRORES_LT/PRORES/PRORES_HQ/PRORES_4444/NONE)

but I don't see MXF or RAW.

Am I missing something?

Thanks for your help

Chris

Message 4 of 11 (5,794 Views)

I just saw that, let me confirm that the function is available as a RAW trim and not a trimmed export to SR, Pro Res etc

Message 5 of 11 (5,767 Views)

apologies, we have the capability but it is not in the current version of the RV CLI exporter, which can subclip but only during transcodes. if you have an urgent need please email or PM me and I may be able to provide a separate CLI tool which can be used to trim the RAW files.

Enthusiast
Message 6 of 11 (5,745 Views)

Hi Ian, thanks for investigating it. It would be very useful to have this feature -- do you know if or when it might be added to the next release of rawexporter? I have a job coming up for which it would be great but it's not that imminent. However, if it's not going to be incorporated for a while then a separate CLI tool would be fantastic. I might be being dim but I can't work out how to PM you!

Thanks

Chris

Message 7 of 11 (5,739 Views)

i'll check on whether we will see this in an updated version of the RV CLI tool. doing a few tests and will be able to send it to you shortly. sorry for the confusion.

Message 8 of 11 (5,675 Views)

Hi Chris-- do you need the RAW trim CLI extension for Windows or Mac OS? I have both..

Enthusiast
Message 9 of 11 (5,672 Views)

Hi Ian,

That would be amazing -- OSX please!

Thanks

Chris

Message 10 of 11 (5,667 Views)

en route via email...

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook