Welcome to the Community!

FS7

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Expert
Message 1 of 8 (953 Views)

FS7 2 Daylight Balance Issue

We were setting up a lighting test today and were noticing a huge discrepency between an FS7 1 and an FS7 2 in daylight balanced lighting.  The FS7 2 was much more magenta/pink.  Everything seemed more or less OK under Tungsten.  We tested 3 different brands of lights with the same result.  

Expert
Message 2 of 8 (938 Views)

Re: FS7 2 Daylight Balance Issue

Interesting hadn't noticed any issue like that with my fs7m2. Are you in a custom profile or log?

I have shot in both Custom Profile and SLog3 with no issue in daylight/tungsten balance.

Expert
Message 3 of 8 (934 Views)

Is this preset, manual or auto WB. Is the cast present in every WB mode or just one. 

Expert
Message 4 of 8 (932 Views)

This was in manual.  In preset and auto it looked ok.  Nez has been looking at it too and thinks its a color temp shift issue when doing a manual balance.  That seemed to fix it, just never seen that happen before.

Expert
Message 5 of 8 (921 Views)

Manual is the only mode where the offset function works and the offset amount will depend on the actual color temp, so it does sound like an offset is being applied.
Expert
Message 6 of 8 (919 Views)

Offset was the wrong word.  There was no "Color Temp Balance" being applied so it was just changing the Red and Blue gain.  The camera body was so new that no one had yet pushed the white balance button on the front of the camera.  Having adjusted the Color Temp Balance, it's looking a lot better.

Expert
Message 7 of 8 (913 Views)

If you use the menu setting to change the Kelvin  temp in A or B they will end up pink or green unless you correct with the color temp balance  setting. But that setting will be different for every Kelvin change so how do you know how much to change it?. If you do it in Preset it will work properly as Sony has corrected the Preset menu setting. A&B are meant to be used with the Auto button. Just some kind of a Sony glitch that was corrected form the original cameras. As I recall you could use the change in color temp balance as shown in the Preset menu and apply that to the A or B if you wanted to. I would test that out though.

Highlighted
Expert
Message 8 of 8 (877 Views)

In A &B the color temp balance setting is used to correct for what is a fundamental tracking problem in the Kelvin adjustments . If you leave the balance at 0 and only change the Kelvin it goes wacky. If you look at the numbers as you do white auto button  you will see how it changes. As I said previously This was corrected in Preset only.  You could still use the A &B as presets , you just need to apply the propler temp balance offset. Pretty odd but that's how it works.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook