Skip to the end of navigation

Welcome to the Community!

FS700

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 1 of 7 (2,767 Views)

The rebate promotion Metabones EF Lens to Sony E-Mount Smart Adapter is advertised incorrectly and is misleading

The promotion is advertised as: 

PROMOTION: Purchase a Sony NEX-EA50M, NEX-FS700R, NEX-FS700RH, PXW-FS5, PXW-FS5K, PXW-FS7 or PXW-FS7K professional camcorder and receive a Metabones EF Lens to Sony E-Mount Smart Adapter (MARK IV) Free via Mail-in Rebate

PROMOTION PERIOD: April 1, 2016 June 30, 2016

I jumped to purchase the FS5 because of this promotion. I always intended to buy, but I wasn't ready yet. Once I saw this promotion listed at several resellers. I decided to go for it. http://www.adorama.com/pdfs/rebates/fmb.pdf

I ordered the camera and went to fill out the online form only to then see differnt listed dates. 

https://www.merprorebates.com/merlin/sonyrebatesunsecure?mgr=Public&command=home

Start Date:

04/01/2016

End Date:

05/10/2016

How can this be? Is it meant to be misleading? 

I made a jump from Canon to Sony with this purchase and I have to say Sony is off to a bad start. 

Enthusiast
Message 2 of 7 (2,688 Views)

Re: The rebate promotion Metabones EF Lens to Sony E-Mount Smart Adapter is advertised incorrectly and is misleading

I am in the exact same position as you! And I can't get anyone to help me at all.  Where you able to figure this out at all?

Rookie
Message 3 of 7 (2,626 Views)

Re: The rebate promotion Metabones EF Lens to Sony E-Mount Smart Adapter is advertised incorrectly and is misleading

I am also in the same situation. What happened with your situation? I contacted Sony and BH Photo where I bought the camera. Still waiting
Posted from Facebook
Enthusiast
Message 4 of 7 (2,624 Views)

So I was told that Sony for some reason discontinued the rebate on May 10th.  Anyone that had a receipt with it being purchased prior might still be elligible but that either way you could no longer fill out the online submission form.  I had to show documentation as well as still send in my UPC.  I can't received any kind of confirmation yet but I have had some email contact.  I guess Sony isn't handling the rebates directly themselves.  

Hope that helps!

Rookie
Message 5 of 7 (2,620 Views)

who told you this? Sony or the seller? So you just mailed the stuff in without the online form?
Posted from Facebook
Enthusiast
Message 6 of 7 (2,618 Views)

I called the phone number on the website.  The rebate used to be on this site but it has since been removed.  I don't know if you have a different link or an old link to it.  B&H removed it from their website a few weeks ago.  There is a support phone number on that website and I used that to contact them.  They are who told me that Sony discontinued the rebate.

https://www.merprorebates.com/merlin/sonyrebatesunsecure?mgr=Public&command=home

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 7 of 7 (2,596 Views)

I made a copy of it from BH site. Thanks for info!
Posted from Facebook

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook