Language: English / Spanish

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Headphones

Tuning Up
ovelky
Accepted Solution

Can't find a way to connect my Sony headphones to my Bravia KDL-32BX310 TV

My Bravia KDL-32BX310 TV has "Audio In" (red and white) female connectors, but it does not seem to have an "Audio OUT", so I can't find a way to connect my new Sony headphones to it. (It only seems to have a "Digital Out" square-looking port. Help please!

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
ShaunH

Re: Can't find a way to connect my Sony headphones to my Bravia KDL-32BX310 TV

Hi Gene,

What is the model number of the Sony headphones? Most Sony headphones can be connected to the Audio OUT port of a TV. However, your Sony TV does not have any Audio OUT port but has an Optical Digital Audio OUT port. Only few select Sony headphones have the option to connect to the Optical Digital OUT port of the TV.

If your headphones do not have the option to connect to the Digital Audio OUT jack of the TV, then, alternately, you can connect the Sony headphones to the Audio OUT port of the source device. For example, if you are watching cable program and the cable box has the Audio OUT port, then you can connect the headphones to the cable box for listening to the sound.

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution."

Thank you for your post.

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
ovelky

Hi, ShaunH . . . Thanks for trying to help. The headphones I bought is Sony model number MDR-RF985RK. My main cable box is in the living room and I don't want to move it. I want to use these headphones on the TV in my bedroom (so I don't wake my wife while she's sleeping) and this (bedroom) TV is only connected to a "mini-box" provided by my cable company for other TV's in the home that are not connected to the main box. This mini-box source device does not have an audio out—only a cable in and TV out.

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
ShaunH

Hi,

I have checked and confirmed that your Sony headphones do not have the option to connect to the Digital Optical Audio OUT jack of the TV. Therefore, it is not possible to connect the MDR-RF985RK wireless headphones to the Sony TV.

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution."

Please use plain text.