Welcome to the Community!

Headphones

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 4 (659 Views)

Headphone and speakers simultaneous connectivity without unplug of both

I have wireless ir Sony headphone and I want to operates my headphone sometime and TV speakers always but I have to unplug headphone to switch over TV speakers ,my question is there any switch over cable to avoid plug and unplug of cable.
Message 2 of 4 (636 Views)

Re: Headphone and speakers simultaneous connectivity without unplug of both

Hi Sphad,

Welcome and thank you for considering SONY Community!

Greetings and thank you for your message. On this site we are able to provide assistance for customers in North America. For further assistance regarding your product, we highly recommend visiting our Sony Global Web site for information on contacting the Sony Support Center in your region at http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/Support/.

>Joffrey

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 3 of 4 (449 Views)

I've got the same question, Joffrey, and so do many others, I'm sure, so answer the question please.  I use wireless headphones, which I want to keep plugged in, but also listen to the speakers at other times and trying to get behind the TV to plug or unplUg them is hard, especially for an 85 year old from IDAHO, USA.

i HAD TO DO ANOTHER REGISTRATION JUST TO GET TO THIS SITE AND I'M GETTING IRRITATED.

Message 4 of 4 (425 Views)

Hi Jackl31,

Welcome and thank you for considering the SONY Community!

In order to hear sound from headphones and the TV speakers at the same time when watching TV or a movie, the source device must have multiple audio outputs.

NOTES:

• While some TVs have an audio output that can be used to connect headphones, in most cases this connection will disable the TV speakers. However, on Sony® TVs, a setting on the TV can be set so that the speakers will also output audio even after connecting a headphone.

To set the TV to output audio on both the TV speakers and connected headphones at the same time.

1. Press Home on the TV's supplied remote control.
    2. Go to Settings.
    3. Choose Headphone Speaker Link.
    4. Choose Speakers On.

NOTE: Older TV models do not come with the 3.5mm headphone output jack. Thus, they do not have the Headphone Speaker Link option in the menu. For these TV models, the option for audio output would either be TV Speakers or Audio System.

• This solution provides a basic connection with wireless or wired headphones. If the devices you are using shows a different connection or recommends a different set up, refer to the manual of the device to optimize the model-specific functionality. Manuals, Specifications and Warranty information for your Sony product is available online.

Additonal information can be access here.

Regards,

~Erin

If my post answers your question, please click the button below "Accept as Solution".

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook