Skip to the end of navigation

Welcome to the Community!

Headphones

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 21 of 30 (1,567 Views)

Re: MDR-1000X right earcup makes constant static noise when noise cancelling is turned on

Same issue left earcup on XM2. Disappears when NC is off.

Message 22 of 30 (1,538 Views)

Re: MDR-1000X right earcup makes constant static noise when noise cancelling is turned on

Hi jtaus67, We regret to hear this issue on your headphones. You can follow the troubleshooting steps from this link. https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/47327

Regards, -Jay

Enthusiast
Message 23 of 30 (1,467 Views)

I bought some h.ear(mdr100abn) headphones yesterday and have the same issue in the right ear cup. It's a static noise when the music is paused and the NC in ON. With music playing or with NC OFF it doesn't have the static noise.

Enthusiast
Message 24 of 30 (1,399 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi! Try to listen music (or even better a movie) in low volume, and pay attention to the pauses of sound.
For me, I noticed firstly that static 'low fire' sound at the final credits of a movie.

Enthusiast
Message 25 of 30 (400 Views)

Hi,

I'm experiencing the same problem on my WH-1000XM2 left ear. First noticed the static noise just a days after buying them. Have tried the factory reset and troubleshooting guide on this messageboard but it's still the same. Is there a solution or should I bring them back to the shop as a warranty issue? Thanks!

Rookie
Message 26 of 30 (365 Views)

Same issue here with my M2 purchased recently, on the right speaker in this case.

Resetting to factory settings did not fix it.

Not sure if worth claiming the warranty with the problem seems to affect a lot of units.

Enthusiast
Message 27 of 30 (358 Views)

Hey dunamis,

Well, sure. But I figure it's better than doing nothing about it. Supposed to be a high end product in Sonys range so why settle for a pair that doesn't match the quality standard one should expect. Not having a go, really like the headphones overall, but if it's not a software issue who's to say it won't get worse with time... Have tried friends pairs that doesnt have this problem.

Though hope there is a solution to the problem that doesn't require me claiming warranty issue.

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 28 of 30 (338 Views)

@licinivs

Let's hope more people with the affected unit chime in here and make some noise, this is an unacceptable QC coming from Sony as you said.

I'll hold on to the receipt in the meanwhile.

Message 29 of 30 (228 Views)

Hi licinivs,

Thank you for considering the SONY Community!

Greetings and thank you for your message. On this site, we are able to provide assistance for customers in North America, Latin America, and Asia Pacific. For further assistance regarding your product, we highly recommend visiting our Sony Global Web site for information on contacting the Sony Support Center in your region at http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/Support/.

Regards,

-Erin

Rookie
Message 30 of 30 (170 Views)

Problem Description
What:
Intermittent Static Noise on Left Ear Cup
Where:
Left Earcup
When:
1/24/2018 (2 days after purchase)
How:
Can be heard only when ANC (Active Noise Cancellation) is turned on.
The static noise sounds like a low crackling sound, like a muffled soda bubble popping, sometimes like a low fire crackle.
ANC turned off, no any static noise.
It is intermittent and after 1.5hrs to 2rhs music play it begins to become audible.
It is audible when listening at low volume music or no music playing with just ANC on.

How Many:
About more than 10 to 15 times from date of purchase.

Remarks:
Recorded evidence 1/25/2018 using ordinary cellphone headphones mic.
Other Occurrences 1/26/2018 ~ 2/1/2018 (decided to complain the issue to seller)
The issue is that it becomes loud and unbearable enough when it happens, its disturbing/annoying, and need to turn-off ANC.

Observation
White Noise on Right Earcup sounds normal, no any audible intermittent static noise spikes/crackle that was observed on Left Earcup.
Resetting does not eliminate the issue.
Swapping left/right wearing orientation verified that it is only the left earcup with issue.
ANC turned ON and OFF verified that the problem is only with ANC turned ON.
Bluetooth Connected and Not Connected, at ANC ON have static noise issue.
Bluetooth Connected and Not Connected, at ANC OFF no static noise issue.
No problem on sound (ANC OFF)

Conclusion
Abnormality is confirmed to be related with ANC performance on the Left Earcup.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook