Welcome to the Community!

Headphones

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 1 of 6 (2,412 Views)

MDR-10RBT and Skype

I can't get my bluetooth MDR-10RBT to work with Skype on my Dell laptop running Windows 8.1.

The headset pairs, show 2 devices under Sound / Playback:

MDR-10RBT Stereo

MDR-10RBT Hands-Free

and just 1 under Recording:

MDR-10RBT Hands-Free

If I connect to only the Stereo, and Test, I hear the sound. I can also play music fine in this mode.

If I connect to only Hands-Free, I can't hear sound from the Test, although the green bars in the Sound dialog indicate it is trying to make a sound.

If I connect to both Stereo and Test, Test doesn't work on either.

If I connect to only Hands-Free and play music, I don't hear anything, but the green bars for the Stereo indicate it is trying to play.

If I run Skype, I get similar results from the Audio Settings. If I go to Sound / Playback and choose only Stereo, and also choose Stereo in Skype, I hear the test sound. If I go to Sound / Playback and choose only Hands-Free, and also choose Hands-Free in Skype, I don't hear anything, although the green bars indicate it is trying.

So, what am I missing? I've also tried pressing to phone button on the headset, but that makes no difference.

I was previously using the headset with Ubuntu, and this worked fine, although I had to run pacmd to switch between a2dp and hsp modes.

Message 2 of 6 (2,382 Views)

Re: MDR-10RBT and Skype

Hi stringy,

For further assistance regarding your concern, please contact the Sony offices/Sony representative offices nearest to your place of residence in Asia Pacific region http://www.sony-asia.com/countryselector.html?hpid=countryselector:AsiaPacific. Due to proximity, they are in a better position to respond to your questions or concerns.

Thanks,

>Joffrey

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Rookie
Message 3 of 6 (2,375 Views)

I'm in Canada.
Message 4 of 6 (2,354 Views)

Hi stringy,

We kindly recommend visiting our Sony Global Web site for information on contacting the Sony Support Center in your region at http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/Support/ for further assistance.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

>Joffrey

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Rookie
Message 5 of 6 (759 Views)

Hi stringy,

Have you found a solution for your problem. I am experincing the exact same problem. 

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 6 of 6 (727 Views)

No, I never did find a solution. I ended up switching computers (it was a work computer) to an HP running Windows 7 and now use Webex instead of Skype. That works ok, although I installed a 3rd party app for making switching audio sources quicker.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook