Headphones

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 1 of 27 (3,026 Views)
Accepted Solution

MDR-XB50BS dropped the on/off button and volume up/down

Dear Sony, I bought the product MDR-XB50BS two months ago in a Best Buy sotre in NY. Unfortunately last week the volume control button fell off on the street and on the following week (this week) the power button fell off as well. In other works, now I have a headphone that I cannot raise/down the volume because I dont have the button and also I cannot turn off or on for the same reason. The headphones never dropped from my hands and I'm very carrefully with it. I'm not happy with this, I need this headphone for my daily routines and now I cannot use it because of the quality of the product. The product is not that cheap to break like this, howcome a regular daily use can make the button fell down? I've just wrote a product review and added a few pictures of the problem. If you want I can send you more pics. I live in Brazil. Can you guys help me? Awaiting return. Thank you.
Message 2 of 27 (3,008 Views)

Re: MDR-XB50BS dropped the on/off button and volume up/down

Hi Adraansaraiva,

I will send you a Private Message(PM).

Thanks,

>Joffrey

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 27 (2,928 Views)

I have the same exact problem.  We purchased these headphones in December, and the power button has.already fallen off after very light use.  I can see no easy way of reattaching it.  Any suggestions?  They still should be under warranty.

Rookie
Message 4 of 27 (2,793 Views)

I purchased my Sony XB50BS head phones from Target in January and my volume button and power button fell off in the parking lot at a strip mall, this was with light use ,I like the headphones but is there a possible way to obtain replacement parts on these items . Please let me know .
Thank you
Highlighted
Rookie
Message 5 of 27 (2,745 Views)

I purchased my headphones around new year's and only use them at home a couple of nights a week to watch tv without disturbing my wife. So other than turning the unit on and adjusting the volume they never have had harsh use. To my surprise I saw this morning that the volume adjustment came off! I keep them in a small hard case so I was really surprised. Noe from reading some of the other messages I am afraid the power button will come off too. Did anyone get a good resolution from Sony? As someone else mentioned, they are not cheap at $79+ so you would expect better build quality. Any help with this would be appreciated.
Rookie
Message 6 of 27 (2,706 Views)

[ Edited ]

I also have these Ear Phones. I got them in December 2016. Just yesterday the power button fell off. Light use is an understament I think I have charged them 3 times. Is Sony repairing these? If so what steps do I have to take? Thanks

Rookie
Message 7 of 27 (2,659 Views)

I also have the exact same problem, which both my power and volume buttons fell off about 2 months ago. Is there anyway I could repair them, because I only bought them for 3-4 months and I certainly do not expect such a low durability from this amount of money.
Rookie
Message 8 of 27 (2,488 Views)

Hi, i have the same problem, I bought ones in November and I lose the power and off button but those earphones I lose at the beach, in December and now in February y bought again because the sound is very good and not I don't know how but both buttons desapari????
Rookie
Message 9 of 27 (2,468 Views)

I have just noticed that my on/off button has dropped off. How can I get the unit replaced? I bought in in December 2016 in Canada but I live in the UK. It must still be under warrenty., I like the headphone but I don't use them much so there is no reason for the button to just drop off.

Rookie
Message 10 of 27 (2,443 Views)

Any solution to this problem??
Also two months of use and have no idea where these buttons, my only certainty is that they're not in my headphones

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook