Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 9 (1,125 Views)

MDR-ZX770BN Support. No Ticket, you're screwed

[ Edited ]

Good Day,

First of all let me start by saying how antiquated the whole support system is, can't believe that you need to call and go through a series of questions before them saying they can't support you becuse of a lack of receipt. I received the headphones as a gift in February of this year, a couple of days ago the left earpiece has been cutting off but and sometimes no sound at all, both on bluetooth and wired, in different players. So I explained all of this in the call, took 10-15 minutes to go over everything and they tell me that the headphones need to be replaced but since I do not have a receipt there is nothing they can do. I explained it was a gift and there is a possibility I might not be able to get the receipt, after which the response I got is then there is nothing they could do, really unacceptable and dissapointing. I have been a Sony fan since the cassette walkman, going through all Playstations and avoiding temptation from the Microsoft X-Boxes, and this is the kind of response I get for my loyalty, extremely dissapointed and frustrated. Ticket number is E64205321. Hopefully someone can help me out with this.

Enthusiast
Message 2 of 9 (1,102 Views)

Re: MDR-ZX770BN Support. No Ticket, you're screwed

Nothing from Sony? Wow, only disappointing even more
Message 3 of 9 (1,085 Views)

Hi Estolano80,

We apologize for the inconvenience but a Proof of Purchase is needed for warranty purposes.

We highly suggest to contact the person who gave you the headphones or ask him/her the contact number where he/she purchased the headphones.

Thanks,

>Joffrey

Enthusiast
Message 4 of 9 (1,080 Views)

They cant find it already tried. This is extremely ******, believe me last time I ever even look at a Sony product, never again.
Enthusiast
Message 5 of 9 (1,056 Views)

So anytime you give someone something you need to give them the receipt? Wow, this is extremely thoughtful of Sony. Planning on buying a new TV this Holiday Season and thanks Sony for making it easier to not even consider your brand. This kind of reasoning is what is making the Korean brand far superior than Sony, better support, better price, better product.
Message 6 of 9 (1,021 Views)

Hi estolano80, we appreciate the time you took to let us know about your concern. I will call you today so we can further discuss this issue. Thanks, Charlie

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 7 of 9 (505 Views)

I am also having the exact same problem myself. As of right now sony can go f**k themselves. As you can tell I am very agitated to say the least. Headphones were a gift, no receipt, birthday 9 months ago, $200!!!!! REPEAT THAT $200 headphone and sony says sorry we won't help even though our product broke. Very poor practice, unless resolved I'll also never buy Sony again up to and including all electronics. I am willing to pay more money for less of a deal just so I never get sony again. Unless this is resolved.
Enthusiast
Message 8 of 9 (502 Views)

Sorry to hear that, I hope they do resolve it for you, they never did for me, best they offered were 20 bucks off new headphones that were 60 dlls less on amazon, didn't even respond tot heir offer it has been an awful experience, I did buy an LG TV instead of Sony this past month, thanks for making it easier to decide Sony,
Enthusiast
Message 9 of 9 (434 Views)

I was dissappointed with SONY when my Head unit face plate buttons stopped working.  it is a     CDX-GT550UI  and has been my favorite unit in the RV.  In my write-up about the repair that I made --- --- CDX-GT550UI not responding --- --- the first thing they ask is if the unit is in warrentee.  AND because it wasn't, I was given a number to some SONY approved repair station, which wanted $80 plus shipping just to look at it to tell me if it can be repaired... 

This goes a bit further with another case.  This radio has the UNILINK socket in the back for the CD/MD changer.  I attempted to find a compatible head unit ( in case I could not fix my present head unit ).  This was followed in my write-up --- --- CD/MD Changer use --- ---  where I had to do unbeleiveable research just to find a couple units that still have the UNILINK SOCKET on the radio body.  With satelite and cirrus coming of age, the newer units have had the UNILINK socket removed and a DIN socket replacing it.  However, even with the changes, there do seem to be a couple still made with the Unilink.

OH, I tried SONY SUPPORT and got some YaHoo that was supposed to know what he was talking about.  Even though I had already found 3 units that could support the UNILINK technology, SONY Support told me they didn't support UNILINK for CD/MD changers.   Now it is true, there is NO MENTION of the UNILINK capability for CD/MD changers in the user manuals or the install manuals but IT IS MENTIONED on the SPEC sheet.  I WOULD THINK SONY SUPPORT would KNOW what they have in limited print at least.  After all, they are SONY SUPPORT!

SONY has been one of my favorite electronics suppliers but something has changed at the SONY TOWER in Japan.

Sorry to hear about your troubles with SONY.  I feel your frustration.

But I will say that SONY is not the only manufacturer that is requiring that sales slip for repair.  They certainly require it for signing up for warrentee registration.  But you would think they know how old the product is by serial/manufacture number so the need for the receipt is mute.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook