Skip to the end of navigation

Welcome to the Community!

Headphones

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 1 of 7 (2,501 Views)

MDR-ZX770BN turns off after a few mins when using only NC (no cable or connected to BT device)

my headphones turn off after a few minutes when I use only noise cancelling functionality (heapdhones not connected to any BT device, or cable). Is this expected behavior? Can it be disabled?

thank you

Rookie
Message 2 of 7 (2,267 Views)

Re: MDR-ZX770BN turns off after a few mins when using only NC (no cable or connected to BT device)

Is there an answer to this problem? I'm having the same issue, which pretty much negates any point in buying these headphones. I have had nothing but trouble with these headphones since I bought them. If the NC function can only be used when paired with a bluetooth device, as mine seem to at the moment, then they are not fit for purpose. I want to use them while flying - if I can't use the NC as a standalone function, then they are no good to me.

Rookie
Message 3 of 7 (1,946 Views)

Re: MDR-ZX770BN turns off after a few mins when using only NC (no cable or connected to BT device)

Me too - this is 'very' repeatable.  The unit turns off every 5 minutes like clockwork.

The only thing I can think of is it's paired with two devices, my phone and my tablet, both of which are in range.  The BT is 'on' for the phone, it is 'off' for the tablet.

Rookie
Message 4 of 7 (1,945 Views)

ok - here is the solution to this one, found in a similar post about a different Sony BT device.

The basic problem is the unit can (1) only be paired to one device at a time and (2) must get a response from that device every 5 minutes or it will auto-shutoff.

In my case, I went into my phone setup and (re)connected to the headphones, and it is staying on now.

Lame misfeature - I want to use it typically on the bus etc. without needing the phone BT on.  There should be a way to disable the autoshutoff.

Message 5 of 7 (1,907 Views)

Hi!

Thank you for posting your concerns here.

You can use the unit as ordinary noise canceling headphones by connecting the supplied headphone cable where the use of Bluetooth devices is restricted, such as on airplanes.

For further assistance, please visit our Sony Global Web site for information on contacting the Sony Support Center in your region at http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/Support/.

Regards,

Anthony

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 6 of 7 (360 Views)

I travel a good bit and made it clear to the salesperson that all I wanted was noise cancelling.  I got the hard sell that these were the best noise cancelling headphones on the market.   I now find that my headphones turn off every 5 minutes.  Basically, they may be good noise cancelling if you are also listening to music or a movie, but if you want basic noise cancelling, then be prepared to turn your headphones on every 5 minutes.  I do not intend to find a work around for a $400 set of headphones.  I would like a refund as I feel that I was duped and I've spend 10 minutes on the phone with Sony support with no luck.  This is a feature that needs to be changed or at least made abundantly clear to people purchasing this product.  Otherwise, it is a perfectly good product. 

Rookie
Message 7 of 7 (69 Views)

Hi,  I have a thought.

Why not fool the device with an "burn in cable" that it is connected to a headphone(*but it is not)?

*You can understand more about burn in cable here.

google search "gadgets ibasson burn in cable"

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook