Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 3 (726 Views)
Accepted Solution

My Sony MDR-ZX110 stopped working

I had my MDR-ZX110 for about a month and they suddenly stopped working. I can't find any solutions and i cant afford to by a new one. These were the best. I need to find a way to ASAP

Message 2 of 3 (694 Views)

Re: My Sony MDR-ZX110 stopped working

Hi Moey,

Welcome to the SONY Community!

If the headphone doesn't produce any sound at all follow these steps to isolate the issue:

1. Verify that the headphones are firmly plugged all the way into the headphone jack on the unit.

NOTE: If your player or audio device has more than one connection jack available, make sure the headphones are not connected to an audio-in or microphone jack.

2. If the headphones have a volume control, set the volume on the source to a high level and use the volume on the headphones to adjust the volume to the desired listening level.
  3. Play from a different source, a different cassette tape, CD, or MiniDisc, or tune to a different station or channel.

NOTE: If the issue is resolved at this point, the audio source is the cause.

4. If audio is being heard from the left side of the headphones only, make sure the device from which it is connected has stereo output capability.

IMPORTANT: A mono device will only output sound to the left side.

NOTE: Generally, if a device has an output jack labeled EARPHONE, it will be mono, while an output jack labeled HEADPHONE will be stereo.

5. If an extension cable is being used to connect the headphones, disconnect the extension cable and then connect the headphones directly.

NOTE: If the issue is resolved, with the extension cable disconnected, the extension cable is the cause.

6. If connected to a portable player that uses a line remote, disconnect the remote and plug the headphones directly into the player.

NOTE: If the issue is resolved, with the remote disconnected, the remote may require service.

7. Test the headphones on another device.
  8. Test a different set of headphones on the device.

If the issue is still unresolved, then the headphones should be replaced or repaired. You may visit this link to further assist you:

https://esupport.sony.com/US/p/select-system.pl?DIRECTOR=CONTACT

Best regards,

~Erin

If my post answers your question, please click the button below "Accept as Solution".

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 3 (649 Views)

Re: My Sony MDR-ZX110 stopped working

Thanks, the problem was because my audio device was set to mono

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook