Skip to the end of navigation

Welcome to the Community!

Headphones

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 11 of 26 (3,718 Views)

Re: My new MDR-ZX750BN headphones will not charge.

I have tried the pair of reset instructions and the charge light does not come on. I have also allowed my headset to connect to my computer for at least 3 hours without allowing the computer to hibernate or sleep and the headphones will not hold a charge. 

I have only experienced this in the past week and I have had my headphones for right under a year. Otherwise, I love these and would like to know if I need to replace the battery because of the amount of time I have owned them and amount of use. 

Message 12 of 26 (3,687 Views)

Hi Nagonza1,

Have you tried calling our Technical Support team about this issue?
If so, kindly send your reference number/event ID to me via Private Message(PM) so we can further assist you.

Thanks,
>Joffrey

Enthusiast
Message 13 of 26 (3,347 Views)

Hi, 

I have exactly the same problem (red light goes on for a couple of seconds and then off again).

I have followed all the instructions above + tried charging from different power sources (USBs from PC,Mac and even Playstation).

Headphones are completely new.

So if I understand this correctly, there is still no definite solution to this problrm, except to change the headphones?

Thanks

Enthusiast
Message 14 of 26 (3,330 Views)

Try following this steps:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2900614

It worked for me, I had the same issue. I got a MDR-ZX330BT headphones and windows 10. Now they charge correctly, I hope it helps.

Greetings from Mexico!

Message 15 of 26 (3,310 Views)

Hi Txman,

Greetings and thank you for your message. On this site we are able to provide assistance for customers in North America. If you are from North America, please send us an email at socialsupport@am.sony.com. If you are outside of North America, we highly recommend visiting our Sony Global Web site for information on contacting the Sony Support Center in your region at http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/Support/.

Thanks,

>Joffrey

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Enthusiast
Message 16 of 26 (3,298 Views)

Hi LuceroAr

Thank you for the info! Unfortunately my headphones still won't charge after installing the update.

I believe I will take them back to the store for an exchange.

Thanks again for the effort, and all the best from Denmark!

Enthusiast
Message 17 of 26 (3,297 Views)

Hi Joffrey,

I'm not a North American customer, but I have posted on this forum, because it seems a lot of people have the same problem with the same type of headphones (regardless if they bought them in North America, Africa or Australia)

I was wondering if there is a simple solution fo this, but so far it seems that there are more or less two options:

1) Update the drivers if you are using PC to charge, and are using windows 8 or 10 (or modify the registry if you are comfortable with that).

2) Take them back to store and have them replaced

Cheers

Rookie
Message 18 of 26 (3,088 Views)

Hi,
I used this message below from early in this chain.
The Sony page showed me how to update the USB Ports on my WIN 8 PC to find the Sony products. 
I assume it will work again on WIN 10.
Good luck.

Message 3 of 17(14,036 Views)
Enthusiast
Message 19 of 26 (3,040 Views)

Hello,

I have a pair of the BT770 headphones, and when I charge them, the red light does not come on to indicate they are charging. However, I know that it is charging them because I ran the battery down and then used the same cable to charge them and noticed it went back up to full power. This is an issue though because I never know when it is actually fully charged or not.

Anyone have any ideas?

Message 20 of 26 (2,982 Views)

Hi Tbfuhrman,

Have you tried calling our Technical Support team about this issue?
If so, kindly send your reference number/event ID to me via Private Message(PM) so we can further assist you.

Thanks,
>Joffrey

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook