Headphones

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 2 (608 Views)

Please help with MDR-V6 Authentication

Hi,

I have recently purchased a set of MDR-V6 headphones on Amazon. They were purchased/shipped directly from Amazon LLC - not a separate retailer on Amazon.

In all of the reviews I have seen, other purchasers have described (or provided photos) of a black vinyl storage bag with SONY in white lettering.

Mine arrived sealed, new in package, but had a black nylon fabric storage bag with SONY (no color) embossed at the bottom.

I understand that these have been popular to counterfeit, and I'm starting to wonder if mine may be because of the discrepancy/inconsistency of the bag. Additionally, another purchaser has recently posted a question about also receiving a fabric bag, leading me to question authenticity even more. Maybe some counterfeit product managed to make it into Amazon's warehouses? IDK

Would any of you please verify if these headphones are now being shipped with a different bag than before, or help me determine if mine are indeed authentic.

My return window to Amazon is closing soon, and if these are likely not authentic, I'd like to exchange them while I still have the opportunity.

I don't see a place to upload photos, but photos are available if needed.

Thank you very much for your time!

- rey

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 2 of 2 (517 Views)

Re: Please help with MDR-V6 Authentication

FYI: For anyone who might be reading this thread in the future.

A verified Sony rep replied to my question on Amazon and has confirmed that these headphones only ship with a vinyl storage bag included in the box.

If you get a set and they have a nylon drawstring storage bag like I've described above, return them. They are counterfeit.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook