Welcome to the Community!

Headphones

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 21 of 73 (2,205 Views)

Re: Sony MDR-1000X left side of bracket broken in 10 days

I have just got a message via the dutch consumer association that SONY netherlands will refund me!

It is a pity that I have to go that far to make use of the warranty SONY should provide.

SONY should have being much more open to admitting their problem.

This is obviously a quality problem. More and more photos of the same sort of damages start to appear on internet:

d8529e2f0708283860597b03b299a9014c08f17b.jpg

3abbfbedab64034ff82d0c3da5c379310b551ded.jpg

-7Q2g-9qdjK17T1kSfk-rk.jpg

-7Q2g-9k98K1eT3cSrk-fk.jpg

Enthusiast
Message 22 of 73 (2,187 Views)

If they don't refund, then atleast have a freakin' spare part available for sale! or atleast a third party guy can be recommended. i'm almost going to cast one part in plaster/silicon and have improvised plastic on it!
Message 23 of 73 (2,172 Views)

Hi Eryson27,

Welcome and thank you for considering SONY Community!

For further assistance regarding your concern, please contact the Sony offices/Sony representative offices nearest to your place of residence in Asia Pacific region http://www.sony-asia.com/countryselector.html?hpid=countryselector:AsiaPacific.

Due to proximity, they are in a better position to respond to your questions or concerns.

Thanks,
>Joffrey

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Enthusiast
Message 24 of 73 (2,169 Views)

they're not a help at all. they replied my phone is broken not my headset Smiley LOL they need more training for human speech recognition. they're like reading scripts or a book on how to respond in an automated way to customers. what a let down. hahah i'm laughing out of sarcasm. Can't believe sony is promoting mediocreness not only in its products but on personnel as well. 

Enthusiast
Message 25 of 73 (2,166 Views)

even their social media account, sony middle east is useless. i think this headset is my last product from sony. i'm used to be a sony fan. but not anymore! =) why don't you guys just give me a link or elevate my concern or let one of your partners lead me to sony middle east not just put a link? why? its no assurance if i contact them and its just a 3rd party call center company who answers
Enthusiast
Message 26 of 73 (2,163 Views)

AGREE! This headphone will be my last sony product. I don't want to again fight so long just to get an honest answer/assistance for such an expensive product. That is no good for my peace of mind.

Enthusiast
Message 27 of 73 (2,169 Views)

one solution i'm looking for is wrapping that part with a flexible textile like a stocking or a sleeve, just to hide the crack. but won't prevent it to getting rip off or seperate. another is seek a suitable housing or look out for ebay. but i rather not pry with opening it all as it may damage or disconnect the wiring. also i'm worried if the calibration of the headset has something to do with the body of the headset itself. either you fix the side in stationary state and won't fold it anymore (darn portability) now i'm stuck on my headset being at home on my gaming set up, can't just bring it anywhere. truly a let down. i have another solution: seek a 3d cloning company ( i think i saw one that you send the item to them and they replicate it) such  a hassle! because if it happened to one side, it is bound to happen to other side as well so i'm kinda anxious on the other part. SONY you really ****** big time right now. 

Message 28 of 73 (2,153 Views)

Hi Eryson27,

Welcome and thank you for considering the SONY Community!

We are sorry to hear what happened with your headphone. For further assistance regarding your concern, please contact the Sony offices/Sony representative offices nearest to your place of residence in Asia Pacific region. Due to proximity, they are in a better position to respond to your questions or concerns.

Regards,

~Erin

Enthusiast
Message 29 of 73 (2,110 Views)

GOOD NEWS. at my place, they're offering 3d scanning and printing. They'll replicate my part but for the cost i don't know yet. I'll update you people. for the part i think i'll get a few extras. thank god they're now an answer to my problems
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 30 of 73 (1,834 Views)

My headphones just broke on the right hinge. Just got off the phone and they're sending me a box with shipping instructions. Sadly, my Sony gold PS4 headphones broke this exact same way. This may be the last pair of Sony headphones I purchase.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook