Headphones

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Message 81 of 92 (1,189 Views)

Re: Sony MDR-1000X left side of bracket broken in 10 days

Hello Sony Community,

Welcome to the forums!

I sincerely apologize for the confusion and if my post was taken out of context. I was just pointing out that the situation needs the intervention of our support team in Zatsniyvlad's region as they are the ones who can process the replacement if possible.

As for the whole forum/platform, you are more than welcome to post anything here as it uplifts the purpose of this website as a community helping each other, provided that we all follow the forum rules and terms of service of course ( http://community.sony.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/TOS_Code_Of_Conduct ).

Once again I apologize for any confusion or disappointment my posts may have caused.

Best regards,

>Joffrey

Apprentice
Message 82 of 92 (1,141 Views)

Wow, I think we have a new record - less than 24 hours.  Yesterday morning, my girlfriend just received a new pair for her birthday.  Upon realizing they're the same as mine she jokingly says she'll be gentle with hers and for me not to touch them.  She wore them for about an hour.  Put them on her headphone stand and plugged them in to charge.  Later on that night, goes to use them again and as soon as she pulls them apart enough to put on, we hear the plastic break and sure enough, it just cracked in the exact spot as mine. 

We're heading to BestBuy today to return to exchange these for some good headphones (I think she'll like the Bose QC 35 - they sure have been reliable for me since my fragile MDR-1000x died on me).

Message 83 of 92 (856 Views)

Hi Joshinkas,

It is unfortunate that the unit had to be returned. However, if you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to reach us. We will do our best to help you.

Regards,

^Ron

Enthusiast
Message 84 of 92 (842 Views)

Just got my new headset back, we'll see how it goes

Highlighted
Message 85 of 92 (557 Views)

Hi PaulBeaudet,

Thank you for considering the SONY Community!

It's good to hear that you already received your replacement. We do hope this would make your experience better. Feel free to message us anytime for any concerns or how it will perform. 

Thanks,

~Ralph

Enthusiast
Message 86 of 92 (348 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I bought these in late April and within a week of use the left side snapped. Sony Finland responded that physical damage is not covered so I still have to use broken headphones. They did suggest sending the headphones to service but knowing that even the checkup will cost me, i didn't. I tried glueing it myself but still the structure is just too weak to hold. I thought I'd settle for that but seeing so many others have the same problem I just had to register to add my experience.

I'd be happy to even pay for a replacement part if I could find one but seems like I would need to buy the whole assembly which costs almost the same as new set. Otherwise I would be extremely happy with the headphones but the build quality is not up to competitor level.

Message 87 of 92 (333 Views)

Hi Miklis,

Thank you for considering the SONY Community!

Greetings and thank you for your message. On this site, we are able to provide assistance for customers in North America, Latin America, and Asia Pacific. For further assistance regarding your product, we highly recommend visiting our Sony Global Web site for information on contacting the Sony Support Center in your region at http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/Support/.

Regards,

-Erin

Enthusiast
Message 88 of 92 (298 Views)

[ Edited ]

I would like to add on to this growing concern.

Backstory:  I purchased the MDR-1000x headphones from Bestbuy in April 2017 and since then, I am now sending back my 2nd pair.

My first pair broke on the RIGHT hinge of the headphones to which I then sent back, and was RMA'd a new set.  I received those between June 1 - June 15 (I do not remember the exact date).  As of Monday evening, 9/18, I noticed the LEFT hinge was now cracked.  Livid, I call Sony support and get an event ID assigned, and alas, go through the SAME process again, saying I will get another set exchanged.  This time I asked for a refund but was told I cannot get one but I can only get another exchange.  THIS. IS. POOR. CUSTOMER. SERVICE. SONY.

I do NOT want another set of these headphones.  At this rate, I will exchange 4 headsets before my "one year" manufacturer warranty is up, and I will have spent $350 to go through 4 sets of headphones.  I am now going to go through the same FedEx process again, going a getting a label and paying for a box to ship these in.  Has anyone had luck returning these to Bestbuy and getting a refund since SONY will not honor my request for a refund for their obviously defective product?

Enthusiast
Message 89 of 92 (236 Views)

[ Edited ]

I kept the box it was sent in, so I can save the expense of buying one next time 

Rookie
Message 90 of 92 (198 Views)

Hi:
I would lije to know is the said free replacement was also honored within SEA region. I am from PH, and also affcted with the same issue. My only problem was: my unit was first purchased last November 2016, upon the first PH release, and experienced the issue around March. At first, i thought it was a rare issue, so I decided to use only a superglue to solve the issue. Then 2 months ago, when I heard about this issue, same time when both sides already got cracks.

Is there still a chance to get a free replacement for this, just in case? I am still worried about the outcome, since most of Sony Service Centers within PH are currently having poor customer service. (as already experience by most of my friends from Xperia Community here.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook