Welcome to the Community!

Headphones

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apprentice
Message 31 of 92 (2,545 Views)

Re: Sony MDR-1000X left side of bracket broken in 10 days

Hi Joffrey, What number do you recommend I call?  I contacted the number listed on the warranty card that came with the headphones and told I'd have to spend almost $200 to have them swapped out for a refurbished set.  If you know of a number that will provide me better customer service than the last two calls I made, I would love to try again.  I just don't want to waste any more time on hold just to be told that it's somehow my fault and to spend hundreds of dollars on something I already spent more than my car payment just to buy.  I am in the USA if that helps.  

Thank you.

Message 32 of 92 (2,516 Views)

Hi Joshinkas,

Welcome and thank you for considering SONY Community!

I will send you a Private Message(PM).

Thanks,

>Joffrey

Enthusiast
Message 33 of 92 (2,414 Views)

I have experienced a break on the right side as well, I purchased these on 3/18/2017 (in the USA). I was going to attempt to do a warrenty repair, but after going through this message board I am a little dishearten at what everyone else has been through, and it seems like it would be a waste of time to go through the process, when the answer on how to fix them is to just buy a new pair....what is the best option for me to get them fixed or just refunded?IMG_20170526_222149.jpg

Rookie
Message 34 of 92 (2,399 Views)

[ Edited ]

I found some answers on these websites to your broken bracket, hopefully the article is still there

http**/ca**m**s**o**co**/

htt****pche**ing**co**/

Hope you find it helpdfull and you get your bracket sorted

Message 35 of 92 (2,352 Views)

Hi Bnisk,

Welcome and thank you for considering SONY Community!

Have you tried calling our Technical Support team about this issue?
If so, kindly send your reference number/event ID to me via Private Message(PM) so we can further assist you.

Thanks,
>Joffrey

Apprentice
Message 36 of 92 (2,303 Views)

[ Edited ]

9452.jpgHi !

I have the exact same issue. I bought my headphones in France in march and they just broke when I put them on ! I got them from a retail store and they told me that Sony's customer support said the warranty doesn't cover this and that it would be at least 250 € to repair.

I did NOTHING WRONG ! I took care of them as much as I could. I put them in their case every time I needed to take them somewhere and 90 percent of the time I just kept them on my desk.

THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE !

I paid 400 € for something that lasted 3 months and was supposed to be high quality !

Enthusiast
Message 37 of 92 (2,291 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi zaf_,

I had exactly the same situation:

Sony Service Center and the retailer here declared that this earphone was broken because of "improper use".

I only got my money back after I have made a complaint through consumer association in the Netherlands.

Please post some photos of your broken SONY earphone here so that everyone can see with their own eyes that this is an universal quality problem!

Apprentice
Message 38 of 92 (2,279 Views)

Yeah I just did. Photo is in the post above. 

Thanks for the help.

Enthusiast
Message 39 of 92 (2,082 Views)

I bought mine refurbished from Amazon (in USA). It had 3 months waranty. It broke just before 3 months. Contacted the vendor and they did not accept too. I was wondering for a long time between buying this thing and Bose. I will never go for Sony again!!!

This website does also ******. I had a hard time finding a way to make my comment!!!! Don't know how to attach my photo easily!!

Apprentice
Message 40 of 92 (2,209 Views)

Hi LCLC2017,

Just out of curiosity, how good is the repair on your headphones ? I'm considering getting it repaired anyway cause what else am I going to do ? But I don't want to have the same problem 3 months from now...

Thank you for the help

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook