Are you in the USA?  

Apprentice
Message 52 of 92 (3,949 Views)

Re: Sony MDR-1000X left side of bracket broken in 10 days

I'm in France, sorry.

Enthusiast
Message 53 of 92 (3,943 Views)

that won't be a long lasting fix. i fixed it almost the same manner. this will have stress on the other half of the cover and end up snap all of the piece. either you replace it the whole part or have another stronger substitute. sony really ****** on this particular model. they released a durable one lately, it's cheaper but the NC isn't topnotch. i think its with the BASS booster.
Enthusiast
Message 54 of 92 (3,940 Views)

I HOPE SOME HERO OUT THERE MAKES A 3D MODEL FOR 3D PRINTING. THAT WOULD BE AWESOME. SO, YOU SONY ****** SHOULD REALLY, REALLY RAISE THE GAME AND DON'T GET TOO LAZY OR LAX ON YOUR PRODUCTS. YOU'RE JUST A CHINA KNOCK OFF NOW OF BOSE
Enthusiast
Message 55 of 92 (3,742 Views)

[ Edited ]
Rookie
Message 56 of 92 (3,473 Views)

I too am having issues with mine on the right side. Considering how expensive these headphones are, it's insane that Sony is incapable of building a reasonably solid part. 

Are any repaired/replacement headphones having this issue too? 

I put a support ticket in. We'll see where that leads. 

Apprentice
Message 57 of 92 (2,712 Views)

I just registered here in the community forums because my Sony MDR-1000x also developed a crack. Im very cautious with my gadgets and im the only user of this headphone. please can i also ask support from you, im from the Philippines. i hope you could help me with this issue, as this is my first Sony headphone, i wouldnt like to have a bad impression with your products so if you could help me i hope to get more sony products in the future. Thank you very much and God bless you

Message 58 of 92 (2,666 Views)

Hi Lynkchiz,

Welcome and thank you for considering SONY Community!

For further assistance regarding your concern, please contact the Sony offices/Sony representative offices nearest to your place of residence in Asia Pacific region http://www.sony-asia.com/countryselector.html?hpid=countryselector:AsiaPacific.

Due to proximity, they are in a better position to respond to your questions or concerns.

Thanks,
>Joffrey

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Apprentice
Message 59 of 92 (2,663 Views)

Hi JoffreyS,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

We here in the sony community would like to know if you can confirm wether they are repairing or replacing the units affected with this issue. Can you please confirm if thats the case? Will they repair or replace my headphone? Thank you very much and godbless you
Apprentice
Message 60 of 92 (2,566 Views)

******, this looks like a great solution.  Doesn't look like something I can order though (no option to buy).  Perhaps because of my location (USA)?

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook