Welcome to the Community!

Headphones

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 71 of 92 (2,424 Views)

Re: Sony MDR-1000X left side of bracket broken in 10 days

why don't you guys try going to the physical store, try it for repair? then if costs were not practical, then file a complaint. I tried arguing over the phone, on sony's social media media (middle east) and got angry and disappointed at first but without taking action on my part. I brought my headphone to my local store where i got the headphones. AT first the receptionist said it got a low chance of repairs but sony really outdid themselves here. But this really gave me an idea: why not 3d scan the part and have it on public and get a 3d printer service? would that help? i got mine fully covered because i think i added my headphones with special warranty (extended warranty) which the physical damage covered or it's just that sony hub here in dubai is so courteous and really helpful. 

Enthusiast
Message 72 of 92 (2,398 Views)

Bought mine on Amazon, I guess I could talk with them too. Not sure what to expect

If some one has a scanner, wants prep for printing, and upload the part that would be great. I do have access to a printer that can do abs, don't feel like pla would hold up here

Again that casting seems like the strongest idea. Its probably going to completely break before I can make one 

Maybe I could use a pipe bender and aluminum tube to get the same thing? Have to look at the inside again

Its seems like a hard part to draw up from measurements 

Enthusiast
Message 73 of 92 (2,375 Views)

strollAroundTheBaby.jpgOh noes! I'm going to have to stroll around the other baby

Enthusiast
Message 74 of 92 (1,252 Views)

Same issue here. For 6 months I’ve been having the best experience of using headphones ever, right until this morning. Gave it back for repair, the warranty is still active and hope that my retailer will handle this situation. But the more I read the more I doubt that. Apparently, it looks quite like a design flaw, since a lot of people are experiencing the same issue. Have anyone heard any official statement from Sony on this? It would be nice to have one…

IMG_0713.JPGIMG_0713.JPG

Enthusiast
Message 75 of 92 (1,247 Views)

Hi, based on my experience, here in dubai, uae they completely replaced it. and so far, so good but im still waiting if this will break easilly. but what i noticed its more robust than the first one i got. I think the supplier of the plastics had an issue in my opinion. If this does break, i'm planning to have this 3d scanned. (I contacted a company for this before) but the MDR series if you see newly released headphones, they're quite similar with the body type. I also wondered if i can buy a spare part on ebay and migrate this but i don't want to mess around further. still, If i got finances right this month, I would 3d print mine and post it online. but i doubt the inner workings such as the "teeth" inside for length adjustment of the headset won't be fully functional. at most, if i'm going to make a silicon mold, it can only be done by myself. 3d scanning would be inaccurate but if sony released an open file 3d of their part it would be awesome. I'll try scanning this and make some refinements in 3d program if i have time and resources.

Message 76 of 92 (1,207 Views)

Hi Zatsniyvlad,

Welcome and thank you for considering SONY Community!

Greetings and thank you for your message. On this site, we are able to provide assistance for customers in North America. For further assistance regarding your product, we highly recommend visiting our Sony Global Web site for information on contacting the Sony Support Center in your region at http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/Support/
>Joffrey

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Message 77 of 92 (1,201 Views)

Hi Eryson27,

Welcome and thank you for considering SONY Community!

For further assistance regarding your concern, please contact the Sony offices/Sony representative offices nearest to your place of residence in Asia Pacific region http://www.sony-asia.com/countryselector.html?hpid=countryselector:AsiaPacific.

Due to proximity, they are in a better position to respond to your questions or concerns.

Thanks,
>Joffrey

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Enthusiast
Message 78 of 92 (1,129 Views)

Hi admin, we are just having a healthy conversation since this is a community even if its a usa region. I just told them dubai does that.. Instead of replying a templated reply, why dont you just engage people more and be felt that you are with us? For example, expressing your concern that this is really a concern with. Rather than copy and pasting names. Unless this admin account is a bot. (which I dont feel youre a bot) engaged forums is a nice PR. Look how people engaged with each other and finding ways. We do love sony tbh and thats why we got your product in the first place. Mostly sony enthusiasts are here. And to have our precious baby broken is depressing. We will find ways to fix our headsets abd engage each other regardless of our location, its a sony community around the globe.
Enthusiast
Message 79 of 92 (1,128 Views)

This is also a sign that not every region's technical or service dept. Is helpful. This is quite alarming
Enthusiast
Message 80 of 92 (1,078 Views)

zatsniyvlad,

Just call their support number for your region,

I got no useful responces pming support people here. The person that I talked to on the phone was very helpful, and walked be through the process of replacing my defective headset. I'm currently still waiting for them to process it

Word to the wise, make sure you have the serial number when you call. Also make sure you have the packing material they only cover standard ground return

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook