Skip to the end of navigation

Welcome to the Community!

Headphones

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 60 (29,186 Views)

Sony MDR-1000x does not support multiple bluetooth connections.

The online help guide for the MDR-1000X explain that you can make multiple bluetooth connections simultaneously using HFP (phone calls) profile on one device and a2dp (media audio) on the other. 

You can read more about it here: http://helpguide.sony.net/mdr/1000x/v1/en/contents/TP0001176140.html

Unfortunately I have been unable to accomplish this as of yet.  I have tried various versions of connecting and disabling aspects of the bluetooth profile on both my android telephone (Google Pixel) and various computers (Mac Pro at work, Mac Laptop, Windows Desktop PC at home).  It appears this functionality is not working.

I'd like to have a phone only connection to my cellular device (HFP profile) while having media audio to a computer/laptop (a2dp only)..  

I have no reason to believe this device can't do it, since it was advertised as supporting such a connection.

Please either, A) ota update the firmware to enable this functionality or B) walk me through establishing this connection setup.

Message 2 of 60 (29,088 Views)

Re: Sony MDR-1000x does not support multiple bluetooth connections.

Hi Josharmour,

This specific operation is not supported by this headphones. It is not indicated in the manual however, 2 android smartphones is.

MDR1000Xconnect.jpg

Thanks,

>Joffrey

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 60 (29,078 Views)

Hello,

I am seeing options in the multiple point connections section of the help guide, I'll paste them below:

Connecting the headset to both a music player and a smartphone or mobile phone

or

Connecting the headset to 2 Android smartphones

or

Connecting the headset to an Android smartphone and an iPhone

The common theme amongst the three different options on how to maintain multiple connections at once is that you need to disable A2DP on one of the devices and disable HFP/HSP on the other.  You can do this with a computer.  In fact, I'm following the instuctions on how to "Connect the headset to both a music player and a smartphone" with the music player being my laptop.  Fundamentally and technically there is no difference as a music player simply makes an A2DP bluetooth profile connection while the phone makes a HFP and PBA/PBAP profile (for contacts).

In those instructions you do the following:

1. Pair the headset with BLUETOOTH devices, respectively.
  2. Make an A2DP BLUETOOTH connection between the headset and the BLUETOOTH music player.
  3. Make an HFP or HSP BLUETOOTH connection between the headset and the BLUETOOTH smartphone or mobile phone.

I have completed those steps and it still doesn't work.  Unfortunately the headset does not currently support (the the given software stack for the bluetooth chipset) the advertised use case!  Lets work together to get this fixed.  

Be aware, I work at Google and we develop the Android operating system.  Perhaps you need a contact to collaborate with in order to enabled this advertised functionality?

Message 4 of 60 (28,945 Views)

Hi Josharmour,

Have you tried calling our Technical Support team about this issue?
If so, kindly send your reference number/event ID to me via Private Message(PM) so we can further assist you.

Thanks,
>Joffrey

Rookie
Message 5 of 60 (28,765 Views)

Hello!

I have had the ''same'' problems with MDR-1000x multiple bluetooth connections. I don't know for what price you sell them in the states, but here in Europe they are very expencive and for this price I would expect perfect performance! 

I'm dissapointed, because I am not a programer or somebody who knows the difference between the bluetooth connections on my phone and my computer. I don't mind learning new things, but it's frustrating to strugle everytime I try to connect it to my computer. I managed to connect it once, but the sound quality was bad and when I tried it while watching a movie it even interfered with the video.

The connection works only on my mobile-phone.

I will try to update my computer and maybe even instal the new Windows 10, but all of this takes me time and costs me more money so I feel unhappy about the extra time I'm investing here... even writting this feedback... 

and this didn't really help me : http://helpguide.sony.net/mdr/1000x/v1/en/contents/TP0001176140.html

Enthusiast
Message 6 of 60 (28,724 Views)

I have contacted Technical Support but they indicated that the device was too new to provide support yet and that they'd call me back. Two weeks later and no call back.
Rookie
Message 7 of 60 (28,254 Views)

Hello,

I just bought the same pair of headphones and i am using iPhone 7 with Macbook pro.

I wasn't able to pair both at the same time either.

Any news regarding this issue?

Thanks

Rookie
Message 8 of 60 (28,193 Views)

The same here,

any news on that would be highly appreciated. For hardware sold in 2016 for a high end price level I would expect to get technology that is up2date with common features.

Compared to the competition (Bose QC35) the MDR1000x are missing:

- Multiple bluetooth connection

- A companion app to ease the handling of connections and software update

Is there any chance we happen to see this in the near future? Otherwise I'd probably decide not to keep them.

Message 9 of 60 (28,112 Views)

Hi Helmi74,

Greetings and thank you for your message. On this site we are able to provide assistance for customers in North America. If you are from North America, please send us an email at socialsupport@am.sony.com. If you are outside of North America, we highly recommend visiting our Sony Global Web site for information on contacting the Sony Support Center in your region at http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/Support/.

Thanks,

>Joffrey

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Rookie
Message 10 of 60 (28,027 Views)

Same issues here, only way to move from laptop to phone is to disable bluetooth on my phone and then reconnect from my laptop. I would be great if this could be easier or better, it can connect to both Smiley Happy

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook