Skip to the end of navigation

Welcome to the Community!

Headphones

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Message 11 of 49 (4,930 Views)

Re: Sony MDR-1000x does not support multiple bluetooth connections.

Hi Bartezz,

Greetings and thank you for your message. On this site we are able to provide assistance for customers in North America. If you are from North America, please send us an email at socialsupport@am.sony.com. If you are outside of North America, we highly recommend visiting our Sony Global Web site for information on contacting the Sony Support Center in your region at http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/Support/.

Thanks,

>Joffrey

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Enthusiast
Message 12 of 49 (4,908 Views)

I live in Canada, and not only can I NOT get it to create a 'multipoint connection' with my iPhone 6 and my Macbook Air, I can't get it to pair with ANY two devices (as outlined in http://helpguide.sony.net/mdr/1000x/v1/en/contents/TP0001176140.html). 

Also, I can't get it to maintain a Bluetooth connection with my MacBook Air at all (though I suspect I need to create a new thread for that topic). It does seem stable with my iPhone 6 by itself though.

I will send the same issues into socialsupport@am.sony.com, but just wanted to post this publicly so that others who are contemplating the MDR-1000x vs. the Bose QC36 they have more complete information on capabilities and deficiencies.

Enthusiast
Message 13 of 49 (4,891 Views)

Okay, I have an update here, but it isn't good.

I was really looking forward to using these headphones after reading some early reviews. When I received them, I was able to pair fairly easily with my iPhone 6, but when I went to use the Multipoint Bluetooth connectivity so that I could listen to music on my "BLUETOOTH music player" (i.e. my MacBook Air), yet still take calls from my "BLUETOOTH smartphone" (i.e. my iPhone 6). (I'm only using ALLCAPS here because that's the way it is described in the Sony Help Guide for this product ... see documentation here:http://helpguide.sony.net/mdr/1000x/v1/en/contents/TP0001176140.html).

There is no way to do this. I've now talked to two different support technicians and they are adamant that this is not a feature of the device (despite what the Help Guide says above).

In fact, they tried to tell me that "Apple music players" are not supported, and that an iPhone is not in fact a smartphone.

Hopefully this gets addressed by both Sony and Amazon (who has already accepted my return request due to false information ... thanks Amazon!), but in the meantime, I guess I need to buy a Bose QuietComfort 35 like I originally intended...

Enthusiast
Message 14 of 49 (4,890 Views)

For what it's worth, my Support Reference number is E64405135 if you want to cite it when you call in.
Enthusiast
Message 15 of 49 (4,447 Views)

Has anyone had any luck with any of the multiple profile options?  Should I just work on returning these for the Bose or Sennheisers Smiley Sad  It ****** because they win on sound quality as well as noise cancelling Smiley Sad

Enthusiast
Message 16 of 49 (4,435 Views)

No. Their support engineers claim this is unsupported (despite what their advertising/user documentation says). 

I returned mine and got the Bose QuietComfort 35. Been delighted ever since.

Enthusiast
Message 17 of 49 (4,361 Views)

I've now returned mine as well, and have the PXC 550.  Supports multiple profiles beautifully.  Unfortunate since the MDR-1000x is the best all around except for this bluetooth issues.

Enthusiast
Message 18 of 49 (4,089 Views)

Same here. A pity, because other than that, I really love these headphones.

The easiest way to connect another BT device was for me to disable bluetooth on the other device (i.e. iPhone for me) and choose connect from the device you want to use (i.e. macbook for me).

I made a review about these headphones giving 4/5 start, and if it wasn't for the BT issue, it probably would've been 5.

Sony really needs to make a software update, assuming it's possible to do with software modifications only.

Rookie
Message 19 of 49 (3,797 Views)

Sony MDR-1000x does support multiple bluetooth connections!

[ Edited ]

I got my MDR 1000x yesterday. love it!   simply works the way I want it to Smiley Happy. a FIRST in a long row of gadgets! 

- NFC tap to pair windows 10 mobile (950xl)

- play spotify music from windows 10 mobile via bluetooth while being connected to skype over bluetooth to win10 laptop (Dell E5550) at the same time

- taking a skype call music will pause and resume when call is disconnected

settings 950xl:

- just tap NFC to pair. done. play music.

settings laptop:

- pair bluetooth conventionally for the lack of NFC

- in properties of MDR-1000X  activated all profiles (audio sink, handsfree, headphones, remote control   - translated from german...)

- right-click MDR-1000X - activate service redirect VOIP calls to handsfree. deactivate listen to music  - again translated from ger....

- in skype choose bluetooth headset in audio settings

note:  receiving a mobile call over bluetooth will not work as only one bluetooth connection on any one bluetooth profile concurrently works. guess that is a limitation of the bluetooth stack. only clue of inbound call is that music pauses....

good luck!

Urs

Enthusiast
Message 20 of 49 (3,758 Views)

Re: Sony MDR-1000x does support multiple bluetooth connections!

This is really sad and I wish SOny would address the one reason they are losing to the Bose QC35's.

Im pretty sure Sony created these headphones to compete in every area to the QC35's but there shortcoming with Bluetooth Switching is a huge negitive.

Sound, Sony 1000x are way better.

Features, Sony 1000x are way better

Noice Cancelation, Sony 1000x are better

Look and Feel, Both are nice but I like the leather / pleather cups on Sony 1000x better

Bluetooth, 1000x Fail Miserably.

The fact that I have to turn off my bluetooth on my phone everytime I want to connect my headphones to my mac is an utter pain in the ******. There seems to be no other way and this solution just isnt acceptable.

Common Sony, stand by your product and fix the issue.  Its not a hardware issue, so just realease a software update or give me an app or something.  Anything.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook