Language: English / Spanish

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Headphones

USER-973286
Accepted Solution

Sony Wireless Headphones TMR-RF970R

I purchased these headphones to watch TV late night early morning. The headphones cost me a little bit over $100. These headphones aren't worth $15, I looked online for some help, the product isn't listed, got Sony Chat online and he couldn't find this model online. The hiss and static is so bad it gets louder one can't hear the actual television. Now I have to go about finding a way to get this wrong righted. I will post on all relevant sites about the crap that is being put out there.
Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
CharlieV

Re: Sony Wireless Headphones TMR-RF970R

Hello and welcome to the Users Discussion Forum.

Perharps your Sony wireless headphone model is MDR-RF970R not TMR-RF970R? However the issue you are experience with your wireless headphone is known as radio frequency interference. Try these steps below to improve.

1. Move closer to the transmitter or relocate the transmitter.
2. Change the radio frequency with the CHANNEL selector switch on the transmitter, then set to the same radio frequency with the TUNING selector (or TUNING button) on the headphones.
3. If the transmitter is connected to the headphones jack, turn up the volume of the connected audio/video equipment.
Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
nlesser

I have two Sony Wireless Headphone, Model TMR-RF970R, and following battery replacements, I am unable to get the red power light in the charging base to light up, except momenterily during initial plug in of the power cord.  I have tried finding this product on the Sony Website and Sony is acting like the product no longer exists.  I may new new products but they are not going to be Sonys unless I get an answer from Sony Tech support.  On the website, Sony acts like this product never existed.  Don't accept this.  Please communicate, Sony Tech Support!

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
nlesser

I'm looking at your 9/11/12 post on the Sony Website and have two of the same Sony Wireless Headphones, TMR-RF970R.  Did Sony ever contact you and replace the headphones or give you a solution other than buy another brand?  Please contact me at nlesser1@bellsouth.net.

Than you.

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
nlesser

It is not RFI - this is coming from an electrical engineer.  It is removing acknowledgement this is a Sony product and playing dumb.  The power light in the base fails to light!  What is the cost of a new base that is compatible with the wireless Headphones?  Respond to nlesser1@bellsouth.net.  Thank you.

Please use plain text.
SamT

You must be referring to the model MDR-RF970R Headphones. Please check if the right and left headphones are rested on the transmitter correctly. Remove the headphones and place them on the transmitter again so that the POWER/CHARGE indicator lights up again.

Please take note of the attached information. You can also see this on the MDR-RF970R manual.

MDRRF970R-charging.JPG

If my post answers your question, please click on "Accept as Solution"

Please use plain text.