Headphones

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 31 (3,234 Views)

WF1000X firmware updates?

2 questions:

Can these receive firmware/software updates thru the app or somehow?

Sony - are you planning an update to assist in the massively reported dropouts/connection/audio video lag issues?

Thanks!

Enthusiast
Message 2 of 31 (3,060 Views)

Re: WF1000X firmware updates?

Yes, I can see the firmware being pushed to the app. - Firmware Version 1.0.7.

However when I try to install it, it fails after progressing to about 20% complete. Frustrating!
Enthusiast
Message 3 of 31 (3,003 Views)

Same! I can only get to 50% before it fails. I think the other headphone fails to connect to complete the update. Are you using an iPhone or an Android? I'm on an iPhone so perhaps using an android will let the update go through.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 4 of 31 (2,979 Views)

I was having the exact same problem--it would fail at 50%. After a lot of trial and error and conversations with Sony support both online and via phone, we were able to get it to work with my iPhone X. Basically I had to go back to square one with the install, but here's what I did:

1. Reset the headphones to factory defaults (turning headphones off and then holding down both buttons until reset)
  2. Delete the Bluetooth entry in the iPhone for the headphones (in the Bluetooth settings)
  3. Delete the Headphone Connect app
  4. Power cycle my phone
  5. Re-install Headphone Connect app from the app store
  6. Re-pair/connect the headphones using the app
  7. Run the update

Also, when I installed the update, I had the headphones sitting on either side of the iPhone, maybe a few inches from the phone. Of course I don't know if ALL of these steps/conditions are required to get it to work, but since I was successful I thought I'd share. 

Good luck!

Enthusiast
Message 5 of 31 (2,931 Views)

Just can't get it to work for some reason Smiley Sad

Did you get the pair request when you initiated the update?

Any noticable improvements from the update?

Enthusiast
Message 6 of 31 (2,876 Views)

@apleifer  I have tried your steps a couple of times but no luck. It still fails once it reaches 50%.

What I have noticed during the first 50% of the update is that the left headphone light flashes blue while the right earpeice has no status light on. 

Enthusiast
Message 7 of 31 (2,846 Views)

Yes, I noticed that too. Sorry to hear it's not working out for you. I certainly know what a frustrating process this is!
Enthusiast
Message 8 of 31 (2,846 Views)

Ugh, I can sympathize with your frustration. I did get the pair request as well, and I clicked to pair. Haven't road tested the update yet.
Enthusiast
Message 9 of 31 (2,839 Views)

I don't think the right bud is supposed ot blink the whole way through. The left bud is the master bud - hence the one that is actually being updated. idea being the update would fix the left master bud so when the right bud connects with it it would be improved. At least in theory...

Enthusiast
Message 10 of 31 (2,793 Views)

Any one tried updating on Android? Any success?

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook