Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 11 of 30 (1,981 Views)

Re: WF1000X firmware updates?

Update does not work anywhere, tried on the Samsung J7

Enthusiast
Message 12 of 30 (1,793 Views)

I tried everything everyone has mentioned and still cannot get the headphones upgraded to 1.0.7.  It reaches 50% and then stops and says that transfer was not successful.

Message 13 of 30 (1,722 Views)

Hi Community!

Greetings and thank you for considering the SONY Community!

We are sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you. Let's try updating the firmware again and let's see if it will succeed this time.

Before You Start

• Follow the update instructions carefully.
  • To install the update you will need either an iOS® (iOS 9.0 or later) or an Android™ (V4.4 or later) device that is connected to the internet and has the Headphones Connect (v2.1.2 or later) app installed.
  • The entire update process, from start to finish, can take up to 20 minutes for Android devices and 40 minutes for iOS devices.
  • Make sure both the headphones and the iOS or Android device you are using to perform the update are fully charged before proceeding.
  • WARNING!
    • Do not insert the headphones into the battery charger or turn them off while downloading updates, transferring data, or updating.
      Version
    • Do not attempt this update in an unstable environment, such as on a train, or in an environment with a lot of Wi-Fi signals, microwaves, cell phones, or other devices using the 2.4 GHz band frequency.
    • Failure to follow the instructions or an interruption in the update process may cause the player to become unresponsive or to require repair.
    • After performing this update, it's not possible to return to or install a previous version of the firmware. By installing this update, you acknowledge that you understand this update can't be reversed.

Installation Instructions

Android Devices

Installation Instructions For Android Devices

Do not insert the headphones into the battery charger or turn them off while downloading updates, transferring data, or updating.

Version

1. Launch the Headphones Connect app.
  2. In the Headphones Connect app, connect to the headphones:
    • If you have never connected before, select Connect to the new headphones.
    • If you have connected before, follow the on-screen instructions to connect the headphones.
  3. Once the connection has been established successfully, if the update is applicable, the message Headphone update available will be displayed.
  4. Select More Info.
    More Info
  5. On the Headphone update available screen, select OK to start the update process.
    Update
  6. It will take 1-2 minutes to download the software to your mobile device.
  7. Once the software has been downloaded to your mobile device, it can take up to 20 minutes to transfer the software to your headphones.
  8. Once the software has been transferred, it can take another 1-2 minutes to update the software on your headphones.
  9. When the Software update complete message is displayed, select OK.
    Update Complete
  10. Check the current firmware version to confirm that the update has successfully installed.
    • If the version number is 1.0.7, the firmware update was successful.
    • If the version number isn't 1.0.7, or if the message Software update failed is displayed, put the headphones into the battery charger to verify that the battery is fully charged. Once verified, close the Headphones Connect app and begin the installation instructions again from the beginning.

iOS Devices

Do not insert the headphones into the battery charger or turn them off while downloading updates, transferring data, or updating.
Version

1. Launch the Headphones Connect app.
  2. In the Headphones Connect app, connect to the headphones:
    • If you have never connected before, select Connect to the new headphones.
    • If you have connected before, follow the on-screen instructions to connect the headphones.
  3. Once the connection has been established successfully, if the update is applicable, the message Headphone update available will be displayed.
  4. Select More Info.
    More Info
  5. On the Headphone update available screen, select OK to start the update process.
    Update
  6. When the Bluetooth Pairing Request prompt is displayed, select Pair.
    Pair
  7. It will take 1-2 minutes to download the software to your mobile device.
  8. Once the software has downloaded to your mobile device, it can take up to 20 minutes to transfer the software to your headphones.
  9. Once the software has been transferred, it can take another 1-2 minutes to update the software on your headphones.
  10. When the Software update complete message is displayed, select OK.
    Update Complete
  11. Check the current firmware version to confirm that the update has successfully installed.
    • If the version number is 1.0.7, the firmware update was successful.
    • If the version number isn't 1.0.7, or if the message Software update failed is displayed, put the headphones on the battery charger to verify that the battery is fully charged. Once verified, close the Headphones Connect app and begin the installation instructions again from the beginning.

If the update still fails once it reaches 50%, for North American users we can Contact our Support team for further assistance. For users outside the North America, we highly recommend visiting our Sony Global Web site for information on contacting the Sony Support Center in your region at http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/Support/.

Regards,

-Erin

If my post answers your question, please click the button below "Accept as Solution".

Enthusiast
Message 14 of 30 (1,694 Views)

Nope. This is the way everyone has been trying. An update to the app is needed.
Enthusiast
Message 15 of 30 (1,692 Views)

I tried all of this without success. There’s something wrong with the app or the update process for it not to be a lot simpler to do an update.
Enthusiast
Message 16 of 30 (1,658 Views)

I already tried to update them 60 times, it does not help.

Enthusiast
Message 17 of 30 (1,639 Views)

I was able to update them, when I deleted the previous connection (IOS), got connected once again (through the app) and then followedupd instructions.

Interestingly though, it did not show me an error when I literally put headphones on the screen. Try doing the same.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 18 of 30 (1,636 Views)

[ Edited ]

I updated on Samsung Edge S7 without any issues. Note: The L bud will blink frequently while the R bud will blink every few seconds during the update. When the first cycle is complete, both will blink red and as it completes the process, both will blink blue in sync.

The update seems to be working -- I haven't experienced any drops except when covering both ears with my hands, which is understandable. Apart from that, both receivers seem to be working fine. 

The only gripe I have is that there is a slight lag when selecting a new track on my Google Play playlist. If I touch the track, my phone does not respond quickly as with my other BT headphone by Jabra, i.e., when I touch the track name, it plays in real time with no noticeable delay.

I really love the WF1000X design and form factor -- it's probably one of the best designs out there (when compared to the bulky Samsung Icon, Jaybird Elite or Bragi Dash), but it's small things like this that really ruin the user experience because one expects it to just work in a snap.

Sony, >>>please<<< work harder to fix this lag issue! There are still thousands of Sony fans out there, like me, that love your products, but we have to trust them first!!! Smiley Happy

Update: The latency problem during videos/movies still exists. The lag is significantly less than before, but still very noticeable. Please fix this error (and, no, it is not a "natural delay" by any measure). 

Enthusiast
Message 19 of 30 (1,308 Views)

This is by far the worst firmware update process I have ever seen! And I own a lot of gadgets that are firmware upgradable. And this product really needs firmware updates, as it is released way too early with lots of bugs as a consequence.

I have tried upgrading with three different iOS devices; iPad Pro, iPhone 7 and iPhone X. I have also tried absolutely ALL suggestions posted in this thread. Constant fails at 50%. Sony support is useless, and offers only the basic steps already described on their website and in this thread as their "solution". This is NOT user error, Sony!

Sony needs to step up, acknowledge this as a real (/their) problem, and address this thru an update of their useless APP asap!

Enthusiast
Message 20 of 30 (1,151 Views)

Agree 100%. This is ridiculous and has taken up so much of my time for so many days. I'm within inches of returning the headset and getting my money back. This needs to be fixed immediately.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook