Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 4 (873 Views)

WH-1000XM2 background noises during call

[ Edited ]

I own brand new ANC headphones WH-1000XM2. And I have one issue that is killing all good appearance from usage of this headphones. When I am using them as a headset during a call (standart dialer, skype, whatsapp, viber) via phone (i have tried 4 phones [sony, samsung, lg, iphone 6s]) or from PC I can hear every noise that is around me. Also this noises can hear my opponent. It seems like headphones are making all surrounding noises stronger, instead of cancel them. In some noisy places like supermarket, companion even cloud not hear my voice because of surrounding.

I have tried to reset and reinit headphones, but it did not helped to me. As the headphones was bought in USA, and currently I am in CZ, I am not able to visit a service center.

Currently the what I want to know is should I wait for some firmware update (as it seem that it is some software problem, as in music listening mode the work fine), or there is no chance that it will be fixed by some update, and I have to send them back to USA?

Maybe someone also have same issue and know how to fix it? Or maybe there is some app that can adjust microphones during calls?

Thanks in advance.

Message 2 of 4 (717 Views)

Re: WH-1000XM2 background noises during call

Hi Kabzit,

Thank you for visiting the SONY Community!

Greetings and thank you for your message. On this site, we are able to provide assistance for customers in North America, Latin America, and the Asia Pacific. For further assistance regarding your product, we highly recommend visiting our Sony Global Web site for information on contacting the Sony Support Center in your region at http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/Support/.

Regards,

-Erin

If my post answers your question, please click the button below "Accept as Solution".

Rookie
Message 3 of 4 (683 Views)

I've been on the phone for 1.5 hrs now and no one has been abel to help me with this issue. I have the exact same problem as mentioned above. Can you please advise ? 

Enthusiast
Message 4 of 4 (661 Views)

I have not find solution. Most probably you should go to service. Or maybe Sony will provide some Firmware update. I am pretty sure it is software problem.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook