Headphones

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 2 (527 Views)

Warranty and how Sony handles the situation - Buyer Beware

So, I asked my nephew, a 13 year old, what he really wanted for Christmas.  He immediately pulled up a picture of a set of headphones, Sony MDRXB950BT/B Extra Bass Bluetooth Headphones.  Assuming Sony was a great company as I have purchased many products from in the past, I rushed and ordered exactly what he wanted.  Life was great, then exactly four weeks after the grand Christmas Eve opening, the volume button started failing.  So, I called Sony and put the warranty to use.  First, set of new headphones they send me don't even have the same features as the one I originally purchased and as far as I can tell were a downgrade.  So, I call Sony again and get transferred around.  Finally, I am told they will send me a new set of headphones of the same model I purchased.  My thought, why didn't they do that in the first place.  Anyway, I receive an email about how they have ordered the new set to be shipped, and much to my chagrine, they will be the wrong color because they no longer have the black in stock.  So, I tell my nephew the story and what happened next broke my heart and infuriated me.  He dropped his head and went to his room and cried.  I have contacted Sony and all they tell me is the black is not in stock and I will just have to accept the blue.  I guess the people at Sony don't know how teenagers are these days or that their products, like shoes, are fashion statements but from the way this was handled, I can easily say I will never buy another Sony product again and I will let others know this story.  I know this won't hurt a company the size of Sony but at least my story will be out there.

Message 2 of 2 (471 Views)

Re: Warranty and how Sony handles the situation - Buyer Beware

Hi BCSteven,

Welcome and thank you for considering SONY Community!

Kindly send your reference number/event ID to me via Private Message(PM) so we can further assist you.

Thanks,
>Joffrey

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook