Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Headphones

Groovin'
ysetbon

cant connect my headphones(XBA-BT75) with computer windows 7

i have a dell inspiron-N5110 i7 2.20 GHz 64bit windows7 computer, and i was trying to connect my new XBA-BT75 headphones with the bluetooth, and of course  the computer cant find the headphone device.

i've tried installing all sorts of bluetooth updates but it still not working.

H-E-L-P!

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
ShaunH

Re: cant connect my headphones(XBA-BT75) with computer windows 7

Hi ysetbon,

Refer to the below link for detailed instructions regarding how to connect the Bluetooth headphones to your computer.

http://www.kb.sony.com/selfservice/documentLink.do?externalId=C1009852

Make sure that the Bluetooth profile of your computer is compatible. Your XBA-BT75 headphones supports the following Bluetooth version and profiles:

• A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile): Transmitting or receiving audio content of high-quality.
  • AVRCP (Audio Video Remote Control Profile): Controlling A/V equipment, in-vehicle equipment, personal computers, etc; pausing, stopping, or starting playback,
  • HSP (Headset Profile): Talking on the phone/Operating the phone.
  • HFP (Hands-free Profile): Talking on the phone/Operating the phone by hands-free.

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution."

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
ysetbon

thank you for replying ,but i dont understand your answer.

how can i check for example the "Advanced Audio Distribution Profile"  if its A2DP?

when i go to speakers/headphons properties i can see i have IDT hight defenetion CODEC , is it good or i need to change it? and how i change it?

can you tell me where are all the settings profiles you talked about?

thanks

Please use plain text.
Sony Employee
KishanM5

[ Edited ]

Hello,

These are profiles that the PC's bluetooth card/module must support , they cannot be added or changed . The specs on this computer suggests it is fairly recent and has Intel Integrated Bluetooth so it should support the A2DP profile .  Ensure that bluetooth is enabled on your pc, and that the headphones are in pairing / Discovery mode. Refer to page 15+16 of the owner's manual. http://docs.sony.com/release/XBABT75_EN_ES.pdf

The IDT Codec you are seeing is your PC's internal sound card , once your bluetooth device is sucessfully paired it will appear under Sound ->Playback  devices and you may then select it as your playback device rather than using the the PC speakers (IDT).

If this answers your question please click " Accept as solution" .

Please use plain text.