Welcome to the Community!

Headphones

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 11 (14,142 Views)
Accepted Solution

how can i program my "smartkey" on my new sony headphones ? is it possible with a computer or iphone?

smartkey headphones: mdr-xb450 and as800. i do not have a sony mobile or android to install the app. is there anyother way to program the key? via computer maybe or ios / app store?
on a sony website it did mention it was available on the app store but i dont see anything related
Message 2 of 11 (14,066 Views)

Re: how can i program my "smartkey" on my new sony headphones ? is it possible with a computer or...

Hello jprod

Thank you for you rmessage. If your model is mdr-xb450 it is require only to have a stereo mini plug since they don't have the capability of being used with any type of software to operate them. Regarding the other model mentioned as800, are you referring to the Active Sports Bluetooth Headset - MDR-AS800BT ? 

We will be waiting for your response.

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 11 (14,061 Views)

Re: how can i program my "smartkey" on my new sony headphones ? is it possible with a computer or...

yes the sports waterproof headphones. they have a smartkey button. how can i program the commands without a sony phone or android phone?
Message 4 of 11 (14,057 Views)

Hello jprod

Based on the specifications for the Smartkey for this model, unfortunately it will only work with an Android operating system 4.0 and above since its only available through the Google Play Store and it cannot be modified to be used with any other operating system. 

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution."

Enthusiast
Message 5 of 11 (14,052 Views)

was the smartkey ever available for ios? will it be available in the near future? why is it only for android?
Message 6 of 11 (14,034 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hello jprod!

The SmartKey application was designed  to be used with Sony Xperia devices which work with the operating system Android only, if it is used with other products we cannot guarantee the full functionalityof it. Unfortunately there is no plan on including this application for iOS. The functions for this system are only the following :

• Plays/pauses a track
  • Skips to the next track
  • Starts the VoiceOver ( feature depends on iPhone and its software version)
  • Rejects an incoming call
  • The button function may work but it depends on the smartphone.

Enthusiast
Message 7 of 11 (14,019 Views)

cheers!
i appreciate the information.
Also, please recommend an iOS app or an alternative method (via PC, etc.) to Sony for me.
Rookie
Message 8 of 11 (8,300 Views)

should include the application for ios these headphones are a good product and should be available to all customers
Rookie
Message 9 of 11 (8,300 Views)

Re: how can i program my "smartkey" on my new sony headphones ? is it possible with a computer or iphone?

should include the application for ios these headphones are a good product and should be available to all customers
Rookie
Message 10 of 11 (1,421 Views)

Re: how can i program my "smartkey" on my new sony headphones ? is it possible with a computer or iphone?

I am using Moto G5+ Android version 7 mobile in India .Have recently purchased Sony MDR-XB50AP stereo headphones.Have installed SmartKey App fom Googe play store.However it is not functional . Any suggestions to make it work?Thanks in anticipation .

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook