Home Theater Products

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 4 (329 Views)

Bad lip sync issues with new Sony soundbar and 4K TV

Hello,

Recently purchased a new Sony TV and soundbar.  The sound constantly goes out of sync on the soundbar by about a half second.  The only way to correct the issue is to power down the TV and soundbar, and turn it back on.  Even then, after limited use, it goes right back.  My TV has the latest firmware.  And I've tried connecting via the high speed HDMI cable to the ARC slot, as well as standard HDMI + optical cable.  

I contacted Sony support via chat and they had me do a hard reset on the soundbar itself and said that I shouldn't have any problems moving forward, and that lasted about 30 minutes and I'm back where I started.

The model of the TV is XBR-65X750D

The model of the Soundbar is HTCT290.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Message 2 of 4 (268 Views)

Re: Bad lip sync issues with new Sony soundbar and 4K TV

Hi Buffalotrace,

Welcome to the SONY Community!

Thank you for your post and our apologies for the inconvenience this had caused you. Below are the steps that will fix the issue.

There are a number of circumstances that can cause the audio and video to be out of sync:

• If watching a TV program, it could be the broadcast itself or a bad connection between your cable/satellite set-top box (if applicable).
  • If a DVD or Blu-ray Disc® player is connected, a poor connection or the disc itself could be the cause.
  • When connected to a home theater system with a digital optical cable, then there may be an audio delay that requires a manual adjustment of the home theater system. There may even be a setting on the TV itself causing this issue.

NOTE: Because each of the steps below represents a possible solution to this issue, check if the issue is resolved after completing each step.

1. Make sure that the TV has the latest system software (firmware) installed.

NOTES:

2. If watching a TV program, try changing the channel to see if the problem occurs on other channels; if it only occurs on one channel, then the issue is with the broadcast.

NOTE: If the issue occurs on one channel only, contact the broadcast network provider.

3. Make sure all cables are securely connected to the TV and the source device (set-top box, DVD player, Blu-ray Disc player, home theater system, or game console).
  4. Try playing a different video source to determine if the issue occurs with other connected devices.
  5. If your TV has a Game Mode setting, do one of the following:
    • Set the Game Mode to Off when watching TV or playing a DVD or Blu-ray Disc.
    • Set the Game Mode to On when playing a video game.
  6. If the issue is happening when using TV speakers, perform a power reset on the TV.
  7. If there is a home theater system and a digital optical cable is used in the connection, manually change the Audio/Video Sync or Audio Delay setting on the home theater system (if available).

NOTES:

• Audio delay adjustments usually range from 0ms to approximately 250ms.
    • For information about the availability of A/V sync or Audio Delay setting, refer to the operating instructions supplied with the product. Go to Manuals, Specifications & Warranty.
    • For a third-party home theater system, check the instruction manual or contact the manufacturer for information on how to adjust the A/V sync setting.

If the issue is still unresolved, service may be required.

Best regards, 

-Erin

If my post answers your question, please click the button below "Accept as Solution".

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 4 (254 Views)

Thanks for the post Erin

Definitely have the latest firmware.
All connections secure. I've tried different types of connections as well. I've got a high speed HDMI going straight from the soundbar to the ARC slot. I tried standard HDMI in conjunction with the optical cable. And now I've got an optical cable going from the PS4 to the TV only.

The problem seems to occur when I change my video source. For example, when I'm playing a PS4 game, if I stop and go to something like Netflix or HBO, the problem will start. However if my use is consistent (only streaming video after powering on both systems, or only playing a game for example) it works well.

Anything about changing the video source that could cause it?

Any idea where I can find the audio sync option on this television? Can't seem to locate it.

Thank you for your response.
Enthusiast
Message 4 of 4 (101 Views)

Anyone else have any ideas?

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook