Language: English / Spanish

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Home Theater Products

Groovin'
Busted

Bravia Sync - disable auto ON for device

Is there a Bravia Sync setting that disables HDMI device auto ON?  I can set my TV to auto ON from a device and I can set the device to auto OFF when the TV turns off.  I don't want my device (Home Theater) to automatically come on when the TV comes on, but want to use the manual sync option to turn it on.

TV: KDL55EX720 and Home Theater: BDV-E3100.

Please use plain text.
SamT

Re: Bravia Sync - disable auto ON for device

[ Edited ]

You can manually turn on or off the BRAVIA Sync feature on the BDV-E3100 Home Theater System by turning on or off the Control for HDMI option on it (pages 59 and 50 of the manual). 

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
Busted

I don't want to turn off HDMI control, I am looking for an option that prevents the home theater from turning on when the TV is turned on.  If I turn off HDMI control, I lose all control.

Please use plain text.
SamT

You can do that by turning OFF the TV Auto Power On and Device Auto Power Off options on the TV menu.

Press HOME button on the KDL55EX720 TV remote control, access Settings then Channels & Inputs then HDMI Settings. You can also check the i-Manual here for details. 

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

http://bit.ly/LapMagWin

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
Busted

My question is regarding Home Theater (the device) auto power on.

iManual states: "Device Auto Power Off - Turns off the connected equipment when you turn off the TV." and "TV Auto Power On - Turns on the TV when you turn on or perform playback, etc., on the connected equipment."

Are you saying if TV Auto Power On is OFF then it also prevents the device from turning on?

Please use plain text.
SamT

[ Edited ]

Yes, that should do it because your home theater system does not have that setting so it needs to be done on the TV menu.

Please use plain text.