Language: English / Spanish

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Home Theater Products

Tuning Up
etLoriChenoweth
Accepted Solution

DVD is LOCKED will not eject. please help. Manual said must contact Sony to get help with this probl

My DVD is LOCKED will not eject. Tried everything in manual. Child Lock is Off; Parental controls are off...Still refuses to eject DVD. I am stuck watching The Hangover!!

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
ShaunH

Re: DVD is LOCKED will not eject. please help. Manual said must contact Sony to get help with this p

[ Edited ]

Hi Lori,

What is the model number of your DVD player? You may try power resetting the unit and check if it helps. To power reset, turn OFF the DVD player and unplug the power cord from the electrical outlet for 30 seconds. Plug the power cord back into the electrical outlet and turn the player ON. Attempt to open the disc tray.

Depending on the model number of your DVD player, simultaneously press the POWER + STOP + EJECT buttons. If the disc tray still does not open, simultaneously press the DISC1 + STOP + EJECT buttons.
NOTE: This step may not apply to all models as DISC1 is not available on all DVD players.

If this does not work and if the DVD player has DISPLAY and PREV buttons, press and hold the DISPLAY+PREV buttons for two seconds to unlock the drawer.

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution."
Thank you for your post.

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
mike-tei

Re: DVD is LOCKED will not eject. please help. Manual said must contact Sony to get help with this p

My Sony DVD one deck player with model number DVP-SR520P has been locked. Please send me all available means to unlock it. Thank you.
Please use plain text.
SamT

Re: DVD is LOCKED will not eject. please help. Manual said must contact Sony to get help with this probl

DVP-SR520P is an Asia-Pacific model. You may try the suggested troubleshooting steps above. If none of them would work, please reach out to Sony Nigeria Support here for further assistance with your DVD player.  

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

http://bit.ly/LapMagWin

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
piggy

Re: DVD is LOCKED will not eject. please help. Manual said must contact Sony to get help with this probl

amazing~ thanks! i did the power+eject+stop but it just turned off.. but i did stop+eject and it WORKED! thank you, man! you're a genius.thanks..and me too..hehe

Please use plain text.
SamT

[ Edited ]

Cool! Thanks for the update. Enjoy your weekend! :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
georgiegirl1314

My name is Marla and I have tried everything to unlock my Sony Home Theatre I have tried what I have read to do and nothing works. I have my Three Stooges stuck inside they want out. LOL 

I can't listen to anything else or watch my movies HELP ME PLEASE. VERY STRESSED.

MARLA

Please use plain text.
SamT

Re: DVD is LOCKED will not eject. please help. Manual said must contact Sony to get help with thi...

Hi Marla! If none of the suggested troubleshooting steps above worked then your Sony Home Theater System may require service. Click here to check for your service options. 

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Please use plain text.