Language: English / Spanish

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Home Theater Products

Groovin'
Edwinhsmith

Does the bluetooth portable speaker SRS-BTX500 have any compatibility problems with an iMac?

I plan to buy a SRS-BTX500 bluetooth portable speaker and have seen that other brands have problems maintaining connection with Mac computers. Does this Sony model have problems with Mac computers?

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
harleyman

Re: Does the bluetooth portable speaker SRS-BTX500 have any compatibility problems with an iMac?

No where in the specs does it state that it will work on your Mac...however it might...  But it probably won't be supported... Just guessing here..

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
Edwinhsmith

Re: Does the bluetooth portable speaker SRS-BTX500 have any compatibility problems with an iMac?

Thanks. I just might try it because it was so well reviewed - best in class. 

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
harleyman

Well..you have 30 days to return it if it has problems..

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
CASHMOENY

Hello...I purchased on from Costco for $179. I LUV IT!!!. However...I cannot get it to work with my new 27 inch iMac. I have used it on my iPad3, Galaxy Note 2, and iPhone 4s.
Please use plain text.
SamT

Thank you for your purchase of the SRSBTX500 Wireless Speaker System.

To be able to use the Bluetooth function, the Bluetooth device to be connected requires the same profile as the system's. Profile is standardisation of the function for each Bluetooth device specification. The SRSBTX500 Bluetooth Specification version is 3.0.

Attached are Bluetooth Profiles which are compatible with the SRSBTX500 Wireless Speaker System:

bluetooth profiles.JPG

However, please take note that even if the same profile exists, devices may vary in function depending on their specifications. You may also contact Apple support to check if there are settings on your iMac that needs to be adjusted.

If my post answers your question, please click on "Accept as Solution"

Please use plain text.