Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Home Theater Products

Groovin'
Jolls

HT-CT150 and jerky picture

I just hooked up the HT-CT150  and am experiencing issues with the picture of movies only.   Connection is HDMI through tv & digital cable receiver.  Regular cable shows play completely fine, but if I play a live movie or one I recorded on TiVo, the picture/sound if very jerky or blacks out for 3-30 seconds.  Any suggestions?  As I said, it is movies only through the cable box;  all regular cable tv shows are completely fine.

Please use plain text.
JoseM

Re: HT-CT150 and jerky picture

Hello Jolls,

Sound like you are having an issue with the HDMI signal transmission. Try the following:

1. Turn off the HDMI (CEC control on all of the equipment being used. On the Sound BAr it is called BRAVIA Sync. (Pg 19 of the manual)

2. Make sure that the cable receiver / TiVo DVR are set to a resolution supported by the Sound Bar. See page 35 of the Sound Bar manual for the supported resolutions.

3. If the above two options fail change the way the system is hooked up.  Try connecting the cable receiver and DVR directly to the TV and then use the supplied digital optical cable to send just the sound to the Sound bar.

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an “Accepted Solution”.

JM
Please use plain text.