Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 11 (2,171 Views)
Accepted Solution

HT-CT790 No Sound, No Menu, NOTHING

[ Edited ]

Hi!

So I am normally really good with these things, but this soundbar system is such a nightmare. My parents have a Vaio soundbar system and it just worked as soon as you plugged it in.

I have the Sony HT-CT790 soundbar system and it is connected to a Sony Bravia TV. You think this would mean immediate sound to come out of the sound bar, but nope. Basically, when it connects it turns off the sound on the Bravia TV, but nothing plays out of the soundbar. Also, I cannot find the soundbar menu ANYWHERE. Not sure what to do here. It is plugged into the ARC HDMI 4.

HELP! I have such a lack of patience with this stuff.

Thanks!

Eric

Enthusiast
Message 2 of 11 (2,136 Views)

Re: HT-CT790 No Sound, No Menu, NOTHING

You can get the menu by selecting the hdmi arc  4 as input on your tv. Then press the blue home button on the sound bar remote.

I am having the identical problem as you.  Same sound bar and Bravia tv. The sound worked fine for three days then stopped.

Very strange!

I went through the settings, but didn't find anything wrong.

im questioning whether there is a bug with the tv arc output.

Message 3 of 11 (2,102 Views)

Hi All,

Welcome and thank you for considering the SONY Community!

We are sorry to hear about the problem that you have. Since the sound bar is connected to the HDMI ARC of the SONY Bravia TV, kindly switch the TV input to HDMI ARC to get the Menu of the sound bar. Additional steps for no sound can be found on the next link:

https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/34162/p/41901,44406,92955,96163/c/65,66/kw/no%20so...

https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/69487

Regards,

~Erin

If my post answers your question, please click the button below "Accept as Solution".

Enthusiast
Message 4 of 11 (1,977 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi Erin!

So I tried what you said, but the second I go to the HDMI ARC input on my Bravia and then click the Home button on my sound bar remote to get to the menu it brings me back to HDMI 1 (satellite) and no menu appears and no sound comes on.

What am I missing?

Thanks!

Eric

Rookie
Message 5 of 11 (1,864 Views)

We are having the exact same issue.  Connected the sound bar to our Bravia TV.  Got the soundbar to work.  Turned the tv off for the night.  Turned it back on this morning and the soundbar does not work.  The only way to get around this is to unplug the tv and soundbar and plug back in.  Absolutely RIDICULOUS!!!!!!!!!!  If I do not get some answers, this soundbar is getting loaded back up in the pretty box it came in and sending it back to Best Buy!!!!!

Rookie
Message 6 of 11 (1,705 Views)

Same problem as first poster hooked up to sony 65X850C. Turn on TV. TV finds sound bar and goes silent with out doing anything. TV can't find home screen. Even when input is switched to correct HDMI. This is going back!! 

IW Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Message 7 of 11 (1,578 Views)

Hi, sky/******/bt or whatever box you using should be plugged in to the sound bar not the TV. Same with games consoles, solved the problem for me.
Enthusiast
Message 8 of 11 (1,572 Views)

Hi IW,

Do you mean my cable box should be plugged into the sound bar???

Thanks!

Eric

Highlighted
IW Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Message 9 of 11 (1,549 Views)

Hi Eric,
Yes, the cable box should be plugged in to the sound bar. So one connection should TV (acr)- sound bar (hdmi out acr), the other one cable box - sound bar. Then set your TV output to acr (hdmi 4 is acr on my Sony tv), set sound bar output to whichever hdmi your cable is plugged in and that should be you
Enthusiast
Message 10 of 11 (1,530 Views)

Oh my goodness! So your post got me thinking and I totally had the HDMI cable hooked to the wrong port on the the sound bar. Instead of having it go from HDMI ARC 4 from the TV to the HDMI OUT port on the sound bar I had it going to the HDMI IN 3 port so nothing would work. I now have everything working and i can see and use the menu and everything... the only thing is that I can't use the "TV" option so I am using HDMI 1 as my TV location.

Anyway... thank you so so so much! Plugging in my cable box directly to the sound bar made me realize I had initially hooked it up incorrectly which created a final solution!!! Smiley LOL

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook