Skip to the end of navigation

Welcome to the Community!

Home Theater Products

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Message 11 of 13 (3,442 Views)

Re: MDR-10RBT shows up in Windows 7 (64-bit) as not plugged in, though paired.

I managed to get my headphones to work on Windows 7. Here's how:

(Windows couldn't automatically find any drivers, so I had to find the bluetooth drivers manually)

1. Open device manager
  2. Open menu under bluetooth Radios, right click the "generic bluetooth radio" or something similar and click properties
  3. Under the 'Details' tab, choose 'Hardware Ids' from the dropdown list. Copy the top result into google and do a search (but don't download anything yet!)
  4. This should tell you what the device is called, e.g. "Intel(R) Wireless Bluetooth(R)"
  5. Then, search google downloadable drivers, e.g. I searched Intel(R) Wireless Bluetooth(R) driver download and clicked the first link
  6. Download and install the driver from a reputable site (e.g. for me this was
  7. After it's installed, run the installer, and remove the bluetooth headphones from the device list if they're still there (Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Devices and Printers -> bluetooth devices -> right click -> remove device)
  8. Restart computer & turn off headphones
  9. Once computer has restarted, go back to bluetooth devices and click add a device while the headphones are in pairing mode (hold down power button for 7 seconds until flashing blure & red)
  10. Select the heaphones (this took a few attemps to dicover the headphones for me for some reason) and click next, drivers should start installing - successfully this time
  11. Almost there! Now click back out of the menu - you should be in the control panel\devices and printers menu. Double click the headphones and you should be presented with a couple of options - I enabled the 'listen to music' option and bingo - the headphones came to life!

I hope this helps - feel free to reply for more info.

Message 12 of 13 (324 Views)

Please expand on this.

What drivers did you install? What do BT dongles have to do with this?

How did you get this "working as it should" - (Step by step please)

Has anyone successfully paired a Windows 7 64bit laptop with their MDR-XB650BT ?????

Message 13 of 13 (70 Views)

Recently I had to rebuild my Toshiba S70 and reverted back to Windows 7.

Much to my chagrin I could not get my MDR-XB650BT head phones to work.

They would load into BT but never process data because the A2DP wasn't present.

After chasing this I finally found this posting which I hope helps someone.

1. Download the driver and software from
  2. Install the driver and restart the computer when finished.     

I selected the - unpacked & installed

Worked great with no effort.

Worked great - it accepted the exchange and now I'm listeing to my windows 7 with my MDR-XB650BT Head phones  

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook