Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Rookie
Message 1 of 4 (404 Views)
Accepted Solution

My STR-KS2000 AV Reciever

Hi All

I have just purchased the unit and am trying purchased the cal mike from.

2. the speakers seem to be special can normal speakers be used?

Many thanks

Richard C

Expert
Message 2 of 4 (351 Views)

Re: My STR-KS2000 AV Reciever

1) if you're attempting to asking where to buy the auto cal mic, they are on ebay. If you have the part number of the mic (see manual), you can google 'sony parts' and buy from sony or other sources. I don't know if thats what you're trying to do based upon what you actually said.

2) I would advise using the speakers it came with or ones with the same impedance rating. This unit ships with 3 ohm impedance speakers. Most common for speakers is 8 ohm. Higher impedance will result in lower output at the speaker. This has a solid state amplifier so it shouldn't damage anything but you gain nothing....in fact, you would loose output. Why do you want to use regular speakers? If it were meant to work better with more common speakers, it would've shipped with them from the start.
Rookie
Message 3 of 4 (328 Views)

Thank you for the answer.
i got this of eBay with no speakers remote mic or manual
Expert
Message 4 of 4 (98 Views)

Well, I would also search ebay for low impedance speakers too...3-4 ohms max.

The back of the unit has RJ-12 like jacks for speakers. That is to serve as an obstacle to just using any speaker. These all-in-one type devices are terrible values if your not getting everything it ships with in the sale or you don't already have one to donate the missing components.

You need the mic, low impedance speakers, and the plugs to plug the speakers in unless you get the OEM speakers too. Alternatively, you could open the unit and make your own adapter so to speak but after all that effort the time and money saved is spent trying to get something to work using the components you have to work with.

Getting one of these piece-mill is not a good idea over buying a used, real receiver and speakers or a soundbar.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook