Welcome to the Community!

Home Theater Products

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 4 (308 Views)

Need help setting up STR-DN1060 zone 2

I own a STR-DN1060. I am looking for the easiest way to set up a pair of speakers in a different room wirelessly.

My goal is simple. Turn on music (Pandora) or the TV and listen in multiple rooms.

I would like the remote speakers to be controlled independently so I can turn them on only when needed.

I currently have 5.1 wired speakers.

1. I wanted to add wireless bluetooth speakers but once you enable bluetooth transmission on the 1060 it kills the sound to the wired speakers, so that doesn't work. I assume there is no workaround for this? If bluetooth transmission worked, that would be ideal.

2. It seems like I need to use zone 2? I see that there are two options - zone 2 RCA outputs and zone 2 speaker terminals. I was thinking that I would buy a bluetooth transmitter and connect to one of these and then put bluetooth speakers in the other room.

This way I assume I can turn on zone 2 on the 1060 and then only turn on the power on the remote bluetooth speakers when needed. The problem (I think) is that the help guide says that only some audio signals get sent to zone 2. The TV audio output is connected to the 1060 via the optical input which I think is not one that will play on zone 2?

Is there something I am missing?

Is there a better way or any way to do this?

Thanks!

Dave

Message 2 of 4 (253 Views)

Re: Need help setting up STR-DN1060 zone 2

Hi Db32,

Welcome and thank you for considering SONY Community!

Please check the complete ZONE 2 setup in the link below.

https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/43915/kw/zone%202/p/41901,43145,95506/c/65,66/rela...

Thanks,

>Joffrey

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 4 (238 Views)

Thanks

But I am attempting to do this wirelessly - via bluetooth or zone 2.

If yoiu have a minute to re-read my question and see if there is any solution, that would be great!

Thanks,

Dave

Message 4 of 4 (186 Views)

Hi Db32,

Welcome and thank you for considering the SONY Community!

To use the zone 2 feature, we will be needing additional audio system (for example, an amplifier or 2 speakers) to output the sound in zone 2 and an IR repeater (not supplied) to allow you to control this receiver in the main zone, from zone 2. If you're planning to use or connect a bluetooth transmitter to use the zone 2 feature unfortunately, that is not guaranteed to work. 

Best regards,

~Erin

If my post answers your question, please click the button below "Accept as Solution".

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook