Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Rookie
Message 1 of 4 (139 Views)

No HDR with HT NT5 soundbar when connected via ARC

I have a xd9305 TV and a ht NT sounder.

When I connect up the hdmi via the ARC I can't get HDR to start automatically watching a 4k DVD. HDR starts automatically if I plug the DVD player straight into the TV hdmi ports. When I go into the settings on the soundbar if i change the hdmi format from standard to enhanced i dont get any video, only sound.

My tv, xbox one S and the soundbar are all brand new and updated.

Any ideas anyone?

Rookie
Message 2 of 4 (89 Views)

Re: No HDR with HT NT5 soundbar when connected via ARC

Have you set the input on your TV-set to "extended"? it's in the menu somewhere, can't remeber exactly where, but all hdmi inputs are by default set to standard, but to receive hdr and 10-bit 4:2:2/4:4:4 content it needs to be altered to "extended". 

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 4 (54 Views)

The HT-NT5 atleast in my experience ****** when using its hdmi Arc, its very faulty.. id suggest, if you can, returning the soundbar and getting a better product.. im already on my 2nd nt5 and it goes out multiple times daily and i have to completely redo the setup process... At times my ports wont display any image either.. just sound or vice versa, having to shut the unit down for a good 10-15minutes sometimes solves this issue for me, but not every time.. i have a ps4pro and 4k blu ray player, and every dam day i have to reset the nt5 to "enhanced" ports because the ****** thing resets every night or something.. very faulty product
Rookie
Message 4 of 4 (46 Views)

I've fixed it i think by using a better quality HDMI cable.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook