Home Theater Products

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 8 (503 Views)

No HDR with HT NT5 soundbar when connected via ARC

I have a xd9305 TV and a ht NT sounder.

When I connect up the hdmi via the ARC I can't get HDR to start automatically watching a 4k DVD. HDR starts automatically if I plug the DVD player straight into the TV hdmi ports. When I go into the settings on the soundbar if i change the hdmi format from standard to enhanced i dont get any video, only sound.

My tv, xbox one S and the soundbar are all brand new and updated.

Any ideas anyone?

Rookie
Message 2 of 8 (453 Views)

Re: No HDR with HT NT5 soundbar when connected via ARC

Have you set the input on your TV-set to "extended"? it's in the menu somewhere, can't remeber exactly where, but all hdmi inputs are by default set to standard, but to receive hdr and 10-bit 4:2:2/4:4:4 content it needs to be altered to "extended". 

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 8 (418 Views)

The HT-NT5 atleast in my experience ****** when using its hdmi Arc, its very faulty.. id suggest, if you can, returning the soundbar and getting a better product.. im already on my 2nd nt5 and it goes out multiple times daily and i have to completely redo the setup process... At times my ports wont display any image either.. just sound or vice versa, having to shut the unit down for a good 10-15minutes sometimes solves this issue for me, but not every time.. i have a ps4pro and 4k blu ray player, and every dam day i have to reset the nt5 to "enhanced" ports because the ****** thing resets every night or something.. very faulty product
Enthusiast
Message 4 of 8 (410 Views)

I've fixed it i think by using a better quality HDMI cable.

Enthusiast
Message 5 of 8 (274 Views)

I have a question that is kind of related.  I have two 4k devices attached to HDMI 1 and 2 on the NT5 and a 1080p device in HDMI 3.  HDMI 1 and 2 are set to enhanced while 3 is left at standard.  While wathcing something from 1 and 2 there is no onscreen display of volume, sound filed etc.  However, on HDMI 3 all is fine.  Is there a known issue where OSD doesn't work when the HDMI port is set to enhanced?  They worked fine before I switched to enchanced.  Thank you in advance!  

Enthusiast
Message 6 of 8 (266 Views)

I've never had any soundbar OSD on my sony tv. I think it's another bad mistake by Sony.

Enthusiast
Message 7 of 8 (265 Views)

Its very annoying when you are adjusting thevolume or SW on the soundbar and you cant see the display unless you get up and look at the soundbar. It really should be displayed on screen.

Enthusiast
Message 8 of 8 (245 Views)

Sony's HDMI arc blows donkey bits, best not to use it. TBH best to return that sound bar and get something better. I had 2 of the HT-NT5 die on me in under 4 months from using their HDMI arc. So i returned both and went with the Bose soundtouch 300, and been SMOOTH sailing ever since

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook