Welcome to the Community!

Home Theater Products

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 11 of 20 (1,827 Views)

Re: No sound from TV through soundbar via ARC

I have this same issue.  I purchased a Sony TV and Sony Sound Bar and Blue Tooth Subwoofer from Best Buy December, 2015, started having issues with it a few months later where sometimes it would work and other times it wouldn't, so I contacted Sony they helped walk me through an update on the TV and the Sound Bar and it worked at the time, BUT then, it would only work sometimes again.  The Sound bar would say connected to the TV, but no sound, so I had to turn it off and let the TV sound work in order to listen to my program. I contacted Sony again, they had me ship it to them, they sent it back stating nothing was wrong with it.  At this point I had it for 10 months, so the 12 month warranty was almost up.  When it did it again, I shipped it to them again.  They then wanted to charge me to fix it and charge me to ship it back, I threw a huge fit, stating I had just sent it to them, they "fixed" it but it never was fixed, so they agreed to ship it back to me for free (BUT AGAIN FOUND NOTHING WRONG WITH IT).  I bought a new HDMI cord still struggled to setup it up but it finally worked.  Fast forward to this December (10 months alter), I had to rearrange furniture for Christmas .  I dreaded what this would do to the sound bar (we are affraid to touch it). AGAIN not working.  It's connected correctly, I have ran updates, I'm just so frustrated.  I will NEVER buy another Sony bar again.  My husband wants to trash it and go buy a new one, but we spent several hundreds of dollars on this and it's upsetting.  Obviously I'm  not the only one with the issue, I wish they would figure it out and set it right with all of us. 

I will try the TV factory reset tonight.  The Sound bar always connects via blue tooth to my phone and if I hit the home button on the sound bar a screen pops up on the TV, so there's a connection issue and Sony needs to figure it out.  Customers don't purchase $400-$500 sound bars and matching TVs for them not to work. 

Enthusiast
Message 12 of 20 (1,355 Views)

I have the same issue. Brand new Sony xbr hdr tv and Sony CT 790 sound bar. Exchanged both the tv and the sound bar hoping to solve the issue.

no success. Firmware all updated. Changed cables. Nothing works. Huge fail Sony. 

Im stuck using an optical cable. It’s a software problem. 

Enthusiast
Message 13 of 20 (898 Views)

[ Edited ]

Same problems as pretty much everyone else.  Many things did not fix the no sound from sound bar prob but this one did - not sure how long it will last but is a quick and easy fix:  Using Sony RMT-AH240U soundbar remote:  Home -> Setup -> Resetting -> Reset to Factory Default Settings -> Audio Settings -> Start

LIke bill54321, I lost no personal settings like wi-fi, wireless sub, or wireless surround.

Best of luck to us all because when my Sony HT-NT5 Soundbar works, the sound is AMAZING!!!

Enthusiast
Message 14 of 20 (868 Views)

I have the same problem, in fact I just posted this - but maybe better to consolidate:

I have Sony TV KDL-75W850C and soundbar HT-CT790, and when connected via ARC port(4), the audio plays through the soundbar as designed. However, as soon as I connect the FetchTV set-top box to a spare HDMI port(3), audio via the ARC port stops for all devices. Both the soundbar and TV have the latest firmware, confirmed via Sony technical support. Sony suggests that the Fetch TV is causing issues with CEC, to contact Optus/Fetch and suggests disabling CEC in the Fetch box. There doesn't appear to be an option for this in settings anywhere. However, by disabling CEC, does this then disable TV power/volume control from the fetch remote therefore fixing ARC issue but breaking device control?

I have tried, a number of times, various combinations of power off, factory reset, re-cabling, replacement cabling, etc. for all devices.

To get ARC working on the Sony Bravia, the following steps worked for me:

• Turn power off to both TV and soundbar at the powerpoint/wall socket for two minutes.
  • Disconnect all cables from TV and Soundbar.
  • Turn on TV
  • Play a video on youtube on the TV.
  • While video is playing, turn on the soundbar, and select TV input.
  • now connect the ARC ports (TV to soundbar) using high-speed HDMI cable.
  • Audio starts coming through the ARC ports and plays audio via the soundbar - TV/volume/power control now works (CEC).

How to stop ARC from working? (i.e hoping to use your Fetch with that? think again)

• plugin Fetch TV - any port on the TV, in any combination of on / off / standby states for all devices.

why is it that the TV cannot manage the CEC interactions between connected devices better? It would seem to me that as the TV is the 'entertainment system management device', or hub in this case, that all devices are connected to, and it has control of the ARC port, it should not allow non-compliant connected devices to interfere with the operation/communication of compliant devices. Unless it is not compliant itself.

Rookie
Message 15 of 20 (783 Views)

Sort of the same problem for me.

I have an HT-XT1 soundbar that was paired with an old KDL42W653 and in few rare occasions I had the "no audio" problem on the soundbar. Swtching the soundbar and/or the tv off/on solved the issue fo rme.

I've recently moved to a 55XE9003 and now I have the problem way more often (e.g 3 times last week).

Usually disconnecting the soundbar's AC plug for a few seconds and reconnecting it does the job for me.

Weird and very annoying.

Enthusiast
Message 16 of 20 (754 Views)

As an update, I have had some success with the Fetch TV by adding it to HDMI port 1(MHL) by following process in my previous post to get ARC working, then connecting the Fetch TV to HDMI port 1 while the Fetch TV is in standby mode. ARC has continued to function and after bringing the FetchTV out of standby it continues to functions including control of TV (power and volume) from the Fetch remote - I cannot tell if that is by IR or CEC though. I am currently testing how long this configuration works for - I am currently up to two days.

I am also having an issue with ARC when I connected an AppleTV to HDMI port 2 - I haven't tried other configurations at this stage as I'm set on testing the FetchTV with ARC and how long it maintins the connection for before i try testing another device.So there are issues with not just Fetch, but AppleTV also with the Sony device.

I have an open technical support case with Sony that hopefully will produce further results... Keep you all updated as i have anything further.

Enthusiast
Message 17 of 20 (284 Views)

Any updates from support guys for your ticket ?
I have a same ARC problems with yamaha yas 107 and X850E  after installation of new 4K set-top box.

Enthusiast
Message 18 of 20 (275 Views)

Nope. Ignored by Sony. Firmware updates have not solved the problem.
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 19 of 20 (248 Views)

I chatted with Sony support yesterday.

Troubleshoting steps that they suggested : sound settings --> if seetings are looks correct --> Factory reset - still not wors --> force factory reset ( https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/76111/  )  still not workis--> Go to your soundbar vendor - still not works -- > TV should go to Sony service center.

Enthusiast
Message 20 of 20 (164 Views)

Walk-around : I turned off a CEC functionality (automatically turn off and on audio system on TV power off/on). Restart a TV via settings - - >about - - > restart. Looks better. And I restart a TV same way each time that a its out of sync with audio system. Meanwhile it's working.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook