Language: English / Spanish

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Home Theater Products

Groovin'
StevenPK
Accepted Solution

Pass thru not working on STR-DH520

I can get the video to work when the DH520 is in standby mode, but the audio will not come through. Anyone know of a solution? I thought pass thru would just pass everything thru regardless of settings as long as pass thru was set to on? Isn't that that point of it?

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
Jeevan

Re: Pass thru not working on STR-DH520

[ Edited ]

hi,

Be sure to turn the receiver on when thevideo and audio signals of a playback equipment are being output to a TV via thereceiver. If you set the “PASS.THRU” to “OFF”, video and audio signals will not be transmitted when the power is turned off.

When you set “PASS.THRU” to “AUTO” or “ON” sound and image can be output only from the TV while the receiver remains in standby mode. When the receiver is in standby mode, “A.STANDBY” appears on the display if “PASS.THRU” is set to “AUTO” or “ON”. However, “A.STANDBY” will disappear when “PASS.THRU” is set to “AUTO” and no signals are detected. Refer the below link for more information

http://www.kb.sony.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=C1032666

Regards,

Jeevan

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
StevenPK

That's the problem I am having. I have it set to auto and on. When i turn the receiver off, because I don't always want full, loud surround going, I should be able to get the signal to "pass thru" and use the internal speakers from my TV, but all I get is the video. The only time pass thru sound works is when the receiver is set to amp&tv. But when it is set to amp&tv and I want to listen to surround it doesn't work because my TV isn't a surround system and the receiver will only output the signal the equipment can use.

Hope that makes sense. 

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
ShaunH

When you set “PASS.THRU” to “AUTO” or “ON”, sound and image can be output only from the TV while the receiver remains in standby mode.

Make sure “PASS.THRU” is set to “ON” in the HDMI menu if you connect equipment not compatible with the “BRAVIA” Sync to the receiver . This will allow the receiver to continuously output HDMI signals from the receiver’s HDMI TV OUT jack.

Check the instruction manual for your TV to adjust the audio settings to get the sound from the TV speakers. Also, make sure that the Receiver is turned ON before turning ON the TV and then, set to Standby mode.

When the receiver enters into standby mode, sound is from the last HDMI equipment selection before you turned off the receiver. If you are enjoying other equipment, play the equipment and perform the One-Touch Play operation, or turn on the receiver to select the HDMI equipment you want to enjoy.

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution."

Thank you for your post.

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
RRANGEL

Steven i have the same issue!!   I thought that i could have my reveiver off all the time and any component that was connected, the signal would "Pass Through"- I have a a separate blue ray, PS3 and a separate MP3 docking station that is all connected to the receiver. Here is my issue. if i play PS3, turn the entire system off, then decide to watch a movie on the separte player, i should not have to switch the function on the receiver to blue ray. But i do, then i turn the receiver off again because i do not alway want surround sound. I am hesitant to connect any more hd devises as i will always have to turn the receiver to the function, then turn it off.  - 

Please use plain text.
SamT

The Pass Through feature of the STR-DH520 works only if the receiver is on standby mode i.e., “A.STANDBY” appears on the display panel of the unit (page 60 of the manual). Make sure to turn ON the “PASS.THRU” option on the unit. 

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

http://bit.ly/Win-4K

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
RRANGEL

maybe i have a defective unit. This my current setting.- i do have the “A.STANDBY" showing when the unit is not in use. But i still have to switch input and then turn the unit off again if i want to use a different component.

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
RRANGEL

Steven did you ever get your system to work properly?

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
RRANGEL

question. do i have to turn on the receiver an switch manually switch to the input for each device. ie. switching from ps3 to xbox. if my reciever is set to ASTANDBY, i would like that any component's signal should still "Pass Through"

Please use plain text.
RichO

Hi RRANGEL!  When the receiver enters into standby mode, signal is from the last HDMI equipment selection before you turned off the receiver. 

Please use plain text.